United Rentals, the largest equipment rental company in the world, is offering an excellent opportunity for a Sales Representative ready to grow their career with the leader in the industry. To continue our tremendous success and unparalleled growth, we are searching for qualified and ambitious individuals ready to increase revenue for the branch through exceptional customer service and sales initiative. This position is dedicated to underground trench safety equipment rental and supply needs; customers include contractor companies, non-building, industrial and commercial building contractors. The Sales Representative will report to the Branch Manager and will be instrumental in achieving the branch business plan through profitable revenue generation. Responsibilities will include:
• Increase sales and branch revenue
• Establishing new rental and sales accounts through cold calling and personal visits to potential customer sites
• Offering a full range of products and services to new and current customers, including contractor supplies and the sale or rental of equipment
• Coordinating with all branch departments to ensure customer satisfaction
• Complete and maintain daily, weekly and monthly reports as assigned
• Educating customers about equipment through demonstration.
• Instruct “Competent Person Training” and “Confined Space Training” classes
Sales Representatives receive a base salary, plus a monthly commission incentive plan with no earning ceiling and the use of a company vehicle. Excellence in this challenging and rewarding position paves the way for advancement into the role of Assistant Branch Manager, Branch Manager, or Sales Manager.
Superior customer service remains the backbone of United Rentals, therefore your willingness and ability to provide this to each customer makes you a top-notch candidate. To be qualified, the ideal candidate will have 3 years sales experience, strong planning problem-solving and negotiation skills, excellent interpersonal communication skills, and basic computer skills. Diligent attention to safety is required as is certification in “Competent Person Training” and “Confined Space Training.” Knowledge of construction or related equipment is preferred. We also look for candidates who are independent and possess strong teamwork and organizational skills. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of experience and education. A valid drivers license is required.
United Rentals - 10 months ago