Responsible for territorial sales, and customer service which includes maintaining current customers as well as developing new customers.
Reports to Regional Sales Manager, Interacts with customers, Valley sales, management and other operations personnel.
- Develop an overall strategic and operational sales plan for specific accounts in area assigned, with the purpose to increase sales and gross margin.
- Develop and maintain a working relationship with customers, through all levels of the customer organization.
- Identify target accounts and establish plans to develop them.
- Develop additional sales through Matrix selling techniques.
- Generate internal communications via weekly call reports, weekly planning sheets and monthly summaries.
- Collaborate with internal and external resources to obtain technical and customer information in order to adequately compete for current business and new accounts.
- Make sales presentations to customers.
- Providing marketing and sales support for monthly sales promotions/initiatives and conduct product demonstrations as required.
- Execute Product Supply Agreements (PSA) on all accounts where possible.
- Will be required to travel 50%+ of work time within a 100 mile radius.
- Monitor and maintain customer accounts receivable according to VNG terms and goals.
- Must portray a professional image through personal appearance and conversation.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
- Ability to use personal computer/computer terminal to input data and process information.
- Ability to compose and deliver Power Point presentations.
- Understand and interpret non-verbal communication; as well as be an excellent communicator and highly motivated.
- Member/customer Dedication
- Market and Product Knowledge
- Interpersonal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent from four-year college or related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid driver's license
- 5-10+ years experience in Industrial Gases/Medical Gases/Propane and Welding supplies sales.
- A proven track record in sales and account management and development.
- Profit and loss analysis on proposed sales orders and understanding of profit margins.
- Experience making sales presentations and demonstrations.
Matheson Tri-Gas, Inc. - 22 months ago