Lyman Lumber of Wisconsin, a leader in the residential construction materials market, is searching for a Sales Representative to join our industry leading sales force at our Eau Claire facility.
- Promote and sell building materials to professional builders.
- Effectively manage and build on all customer relationships by closing sales, providing excellent customer service and following-up after the sale is complete.
- Value engineer and estimate materials for projects, quote prices with credit terms, and sell the package to builders.
- Retain all existing customers and increase our market and product share with each.
- Expand customer base by effectively prospecting and adding new profitable long-term professional builder customers.
- Identify prospecting needs and maintain accurate records of all prospecting activity.
- Work as a team with the Credit department, Dispatch, Management, and Office Support staff.
Qualifications for the Sales Representative position are:
- 3+ years of BUILDING MATERIALS SALES or related experience.
- Extensive knowledge of building materials, lumber, residential construction, and the building industry.
- Possess the ability to use a solutions-based sales approach with good questioning skills.
- Solid math and computer skills.
- Ability to read blueprints and perform material takeoffs.
- Clear and professional written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to "cold call" and perform sales with new and different people and businesses.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with people at all levels.
- Ability to and willingness to work extra hours - whatever is required to get the job done.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package, which includes:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Company Sponsored & Supplemental Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Vacation and Holiday Pay
- 401(k) Plan
For an opportunity to advance your career with an industry leader, send your resume and salary requirement to:
Lyman Lumber WI
Attn: HR Dept (ECSR)
P.O. Box 40
Excelsior, MN 55331
Fax: (952) 470-3670
Lyman Lumber & Affiliated Companies - 15 months ago