Milton CAT is the exclusive distributor of Caterpillar earthmoving and construction machinery and power systems products in the Northeast. Headquartered in Milford, MA, the Milton CAT team has over 950 dedicated and experienced employees working from 13 well-equipped locations in New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Maine, Vermont, Rhode Island and upstate New York. Milton CAT serves customers in light to heavy construction, forestry, agriculture, government, paving, scrap, demolition, and waste markets as well as providing power for the marine, heavy truck and power generation industries.
Milton CAT is seeking an experienced Sales Representative focused on crushing and screening equipment throughout our New Hampshire, Maine and Vermont territories. The ideal candidate will have a sales background in mining, quarrying, earthmoving and civil contractors. As a Sales Representative, you are responsible for developing and enhancing sales coverage within a designated territory. Must meet or exceed monthly budgeted revenue and territory market share goals.
- Sell the full range of our crushing and screening products.
- Research new leads and sales prospects.
- Maintain current product knowledge on features and benefits of all equipment potentially saleable by our dealership.
- Maintain sales information for all customers.
- Manage and further develop customer relationships.
- Build key relationships with decision makers.
- Keep up to date on competitor product development and product performance.
- Attends sales training, events and seminars.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- High school diploma or (GED) equivalent.
- Minimum of two years successful sales experience selling crushing/screening or related equipment.
- Must be proficient in the use of a computer and related software (Word, Excel, etc.) as well as contact management systems (CRM).
- Ability to assess customer needs and evaluate customer satisfaction.
- Parts and sales experience specializing in crushing/screening equipment.
- Account management experience.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Excellent customer relationship skills.
- Ability to analyze and interpret basic sales reports.
- Must have strong problem solving skills and be detailed oriented with a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to perform duties with a sense of urgency, exceeding customer expectations.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a dynamic, fast paced service environment.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Your supervisor may request and assign you similar duties.
- Heavy equipment service/maintenance knowledge a plus.
Resumes that are mailed, emailed or hand-delivered to Milton CAT or any employee will not be considered. You must apply online.
It is the policy of Milton CAT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, handicap or veteran's status; and to base all employment decisions so as to further this principle of equal employment opportunity.
Milton CAT - 20 months ago
Rome was not built in a day, but then again the Romans couldn't go to Southworth-Milton either. An authorized Caterpillar dealer...