Milton CAT is the exclusive distributor of Caterpillar earthmoving and construction machinery and power system products in the Northeast. Headquartered in Milford, MA, the Milton CAT team has over 950 dedicated and experienced employees working from 16 well-equipped locations in New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Maine, Vermont, Rhode Island, and upstate New York. Milton CAT serves customers in light to heavy construction, forestry, agriculture, governmental, paving, scrap, demolition, and waste markets as well as providing prime and stand-by power for the marine, heavy truck and power generation industries.
Milton CAT is looking for an experienced Sales Representative responsible for sales and rentals of light and heavy construction products in a defined geographic territory. This position requires a self-motivated, energetic, detail minded individual with good analytical skills.
- Maximize the sale and rental of Caterpillar heavy construction and compact equipment lines to customers in a defined sales area.
- Analyze sales opportunities, solve customer problems and participate in sales promotions.
- Maintain current product knowledge on features and benefits of all equipment potentially saleable by the dealership.
- Monitors competitive activity and products.
- Maintains sales management information for customers.
- Conducts new equipment field demonstrations.
- Maintains current knowledge of used equipment values and ability to evaluate properly for training purposes.
- Maintains current knowledge of financing options to assist customers with securing the purchase of new and used equipment.
- Attend sales training, sales meetings, events and seminars.
- Promote the value and capabilities of our Parts and Service operations.
- Promote the sale of Customer Support Agreements.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Minimum Educational Requirements
Associates Degree in business administration, communications or related field required. Equivalent education and relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of an associate’s degree.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet customer needs.
Ability to understand and communicate basic financing with customers.
- Proficient in the use of a computer and related software (Word, Excel, etc.), including utilizing customer relationship management system (CRM).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to analyze and interpret basic sales reports.
- Proven track record demonstrating ability to consistently achieve and exceed goals.
- Detail oriented with a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to perform duties with a sense of urgency, exceeding customer expectations.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic fast paced environment.
- Ability to manage high volume workflow.
- Must have and maintain a clean driving record.
- Travel throughout the entire state of Massachusetts is required.
- Travel outside of the Milton Cat territory as needed.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Your supervisor may request and assign similar duties.
- Heavy equipment service/maintenance knowledge.
- Previous heavy duty construction sales experience.
Resumes that are mailed, emailed or hand-delivered to Milton CAT or any employee will not be considered. You must apply online.
It is the policy of Milton CAT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, handicap or veteran’s status; and to base all employment decisions so as to further this principle of equal employment opportunity.
Across the board, the people at Milton CAT are dedicated to proactive sales, responsive product support, and focused customer service. We...