State/Province: Indiana [IN]
Country: United States [US]
Position Title: Sales Representative - IN
Job ID: 3809
An opportunity to shape Syngenta’s future within Syngenta Heartland East!
Syngenta has recently announced its strategy to bring together its world leading Crop Protection and Seed business to drive significant revenue growth through fully integrating customer product offers on a global basis. To enable our strategy, we are investing in our Sales teams and their ongoing capabilities so that we can grow in a way that is both sustainable and drives excellence into our organization.
With a mature two channel approach we can ensure that Syngenta employees perform their activities in an efficient and non-complex way, that we focus our improvement and change activities on those areas that are core to our growth and most importantly continue to increase the value we bring to our customers.
Our team of approximately 10 Syngenta employees operates within a broader Heartland East group. The Sales areas that we manage are across IN and OH.
Through the alignment and continuous improvement of these processes we will simplify and grow our business activities in areas such as corn and soybean sales.
As a consequence of the increasing importance of the Dealer Channel in the Heartland East area, the position of Sales Rep will be a challenging role. We are looking for an individual with significant previous experience in managing a sales territory while working in a multicultural environment.
What should you bring to the Sales Rep role?
If the below statements apply to you, you may be a suitable candidate for this role:
- You have previously performed as an Account Manager or Sales Rep role within the Agricultural space and can communicate with impact, both with stakeholders as well as clients and collaborate across boundaries.
- You are able to see the big picture and can navigate through complex environments and problems.
- You have worked in or are looking for the challenge of working in an international environment, dealing with different cultural backgrounds and behaviors.
- You have business planning and key account management experience.
- You are familiar with the business drivers that influence an organization’s profitability.
What can you get out of a Sales Rep position at Syngenta?
As a Sales Rep, you will:
- Be an integral part of a North American team of 10 Sales Reps
- Work with the Syngenta Sales stakeholders and operationalize their strategic direction
- Understand the impact of business planning and partnering with channel partners
- Identify the need to improve and build a network of Seed Advisors
- Collaborate with other Sales functional areas like Retail Channel to ensure Unified Approach to the Market.
- Help build and mature a professional and sustainable Dealer Channel function within Syngenta
- Have the opportunity for personal growth, build your Leadership experience and focus your energy on must win initiatives
- Play a critical role in the implementation of a significant update to the sales strategy for Syngenta
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Consultative selling and negotiation skills
- Strategic and tactical business planning process
- Key account function and business management
- Competitive analysis and interpretation
- Agricultural terminology and nomenclature
- Agronomic knowledge relevant to the District
- Minimum education requirement: BA/BS in Ag science or BA/BS in non-ag discipline with significant industry background
- A minimum of 2 years in Sales
- Strong sense of customer focuses and demonstrated excellent sales and negotiation skills
Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities:
- Customer Focus – candidate must be dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of external customers and clients; obtains first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customer in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Business Acumen – candidate must know how businesses work; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology and information affecting his/her business and organization; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Resilience – candidate must be able to recover rapidly from adversity, change or misfortunate; must have the ability to bounce back from difficult situations; have the capacity to make realistic plans and take steps to carry them out; candidate must have a positive view of self and confidence in his/her strengths and abilities.
- Integrity and Trust – candidate must be widely trusted; seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Drive for Results – can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Effective Teamwork: Initiates and participates in teams when needed; contributes to team morale and spirit; shares in the wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; encourages people to be responsible for their work.
- Interpersonal Savvy – Relates well to all kinds of people – up, down and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Negotiation: Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups; can settle differences with minimum noise; can win concessions without damaging relationships; can be direct and forceful as well as diplomatic; gains trust quickly of other parties to the negotiations; has a good sense of timing.
- Computing: Basic operation of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint required to perform job function.
Critical leadership capabilities:
- Lead through ambiguity
- Collaborates across functional areas
- Focuses on customers
- Drive for Results and Create Edge
- Liberating Potential of Individuals and Teams
Critical Success Factors & Key Challenges:
- Co-developing sales plans and implementing them with excellence
- Travel Requirements – 25-50%.
- Ability to work on virtual teams.
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
- Employee may, as part of his/her role and maybe through multifunctional teams, participates in the creation and design of innovative solutions. In this context, Employee may contribute to inventions, designs, other work product, including know-how, copyrights, software, innovations, solutions, and other intellectual assets.
Syngenta - 12 months ago
Plagues of locusts, weevils, or any other kind of crop-destroying bugs were no match for Syngenta Crop Protection. The subsidiary of...