State/Province: Indiana [IN]
Country: United States [US]
Position Title: Sales Representative - IN
Job ID: 4344
Represent and be a strong contributing team member within the Syngenta Sales Team and supporting functions in the Commercial Unit / District in order to achieve profitable growth and create an industry leading and sustainable position for Syngenta.
- Implement the Syngenta strategy with customers and within Syngenta to deliver the three core objectives: Integrate, Innovate, Outperform.
- Achieve sales, profit, and market share targets with channel partners, key producers and other customers, within the assigned territory.
- Financial: Deliver District and Commercial Unit Financial Targets.
- People: No of direct reports: 0, No of indirect reports: 0
- Geographic Scope: N/A.
- Deliver campaigns and offers to targeted customers through selected channel partners.
- Create demand at the customer level, ensuring that the customer is knowledgeable about our products and has further interest in Syngenta solutions.
- Act as a steward of the Syngenta portfolio by making recommendations and by managing complaints/issues in the field as needed, in partnership with Agronomy.
- Achieve sales, profit, and market share targets within territory and district.
- Develop a profound understanding of customer needs via consultative selling, recognized expertise, and trust with customers, within assigned market area.
- Regularly collect and report market intelligence and relevant value chain insights.
- Manage operational budget, variable selling expenses, and marketing funds within Commercial Unit / District guidelines.
- In some geographies, assist and initiate the recruiting process for leading Seed Advisors of the future.
- Accurate forecasting for customers within territory.
- Contribute to the District plans to Deliver the Commercial Unit / District Business Plan.
- Actively engage with our channel partners to assist with their ability to connect with growers more effectively in delivering solutions in collaboration with Syngenta.
- Support the integration of the Crop Protection and Seeds sales forces, including the definition of new processes/ways of working, and fostering mindset change internal/customer.
- Work with colleagues within the Commercial Unit and other functional areas to develop effective ways of working that enables the Sales Team.
- Actively support the Sales Team with the communication of the Syngenta Strategy with customers.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
Critical knowledge: :
- Consultative selling and negotiation skills.
- Strategic and tactical business planning process.
- Key account function and business management.
- Competitive analysis and interpretation.
- Agricultural terminology and nomenclature.
- Agronomic knowledge relevant to the District.
- Minimum education requirement: BA/BS in Ag science or BA/BS in non-ag discipline with significant industry background.
- A minimum of 2 years in Sales.
- Strong sense of customer focuses and demonstrated excellent sales and negotiation skills.
Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities:
- Customer Focus – candidate must be dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of external customers and clients; obtains first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customer in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Business Acumen – candidate must know how businesses work; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology and information affecting his/her business and organization; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Resilience – candidate must be able to recover rapidly from adversity, change or misfortunate; must have the ability to bounce back from difficult situations; have the capacity to make realistic plans and take steps to carry them out; candidate must have a positive view of self and confidence in his/her strengths and abilities.
- Integrity and Trust – candidate must be widely trusted; seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Drive for Results – can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Effective Teamwork: Initiates and participates in teams when needed; contributes to team morale and spirit; shares in the wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; encourages people to be responsible for their work.
- Interpersonal Savvy – Relates well to all kinds of people – up, down and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Negotiation: Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups; can settle differences with minimum noise; can win concessions without damaging relationships; can be direct and forceful as well as diplomatic; gains trust quickly of other parties to the negotiations; has a good sense of timing.
- Computing: Basic operation of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint required to perform job function.
Critical leadership capabilities:
- Lead through ambiguity.
- Collaborates across functional areas.
- Focuses on customers.
- Drive for Results and Create Edge.
- Liberating Potential of Individuals and Teams.
Critical Success Factors & Key Challenges:
- Co-developing sales plans and implementing them with excellence.
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
- Travel Requirements – 25-50%.
- Ability to work on virtual teams.
- Employee may, as part of his/her role and maybe through multifunctional teams, participates in the creation and design of innovative solutions. In this context, Employee may contribute to inventions, designs, other work product, including know-how, copyrights, software, innovations, solutions, and other intellectual assets.
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
Plagues of locusts, weevils, or any other kind of crop-destroying bugs were no match for Syngenta Crop Protection. The subsidiary of...