The Senior Sales Representative will sell roofing product lines / systems and generate new growth and profitability within a given territory.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support the business in both maintenance of existing accounts and generation of new growth accounts in specified sales territory/markets.
• Support strategies to meet assigned sales, profit and profitability objectives. Make direct customer calls on contractors/distributors/retailers to develop and increase sales through these channels.
• Formulate job bids and negotiate contracts. Drive product/systems sales to support established price strategies and minimize price deviations.
• Assure legal compliance in the selling of all products/systems with applicable local, state and federal regulations.
• Manage customer needs through product development processes, provide technical assistance and information to customers, respond to customer inquiries, manage customer dissatisfaction and specific complaints fairly, promptly and effectively.
• Recommend and if necessary develop and conduct training programs for customers. Develop and drive a sales strategy for a particular territory/market.
• Conduct market research analysis, monitor and make recommendations concerning market needs, changes in competitive policies and strategies, channels of distribution, advertising and promotion, pricing and sales activity.
• Develop sales forecasts by product line, markets and major customers. Implement marketing programs to achieve sales and market share objectives as well as prepare and issue reports as required.
JM has a long history of sustainable efforts and strives to continually improve our sustainability practices through a focus on innovation, productivity and leadership that ensures we meet the needs of current stakeholders without sacrificing the needs of future generations. For additional information please read our
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing
• BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
• 2-5 years sales experience in sales environment/building materials
• Commercial Roofing experience
• Knowledge of Microsoft Suite -Word, Excel, Powerpoint
• Strong sales, customer service and negotiation skills
• Build strong relationships to support current account and generation of new accounts
• Strong organization skills and time management.
• Previous experience with working independently
• Extremely high degree of energy
• Utilization of Power point and demonstration of having done presentations for groups
• Time and territory management skills
• Listening skills
• Conflict resolution/problem solving
• Commercial Roofing systems knowledge
• Specification writing
• Plan and Blue print experience
Johns Manville - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Johns Manville (JM), a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a leading manufacturer and marketer of premium-quality insulation and commercial...