Olympus America, Inc. with headquarters in Center Valley, PA is a precision technology leader, creating innovative opto-digital solutions in health care and life science products throughout North America. Olympus works collaboratively with its customers and its affiliates worldwide to leverage R&D investment in precision technology and manufacturing processes across diverse business lines. These include: gastrointestinal endoscopes, accessories, and minimally invasive surgical products; advanced clinical and research microscopes.
San Diego, CA - The Sales Representative - Industrial Microscope will maximize sales profits and increase the division's market share within a designated territory. EOE M/F/D/V
Requirements and Responsibilities:
* Create sales within a defined customer base by:
-Promoting division products and services
-Maintaining a level of performance in a specified territory, which meets or exceeds the sales objectives established by Olympus
-Establishing and maintaining relationships with key industrial accounts
-Developing new accounts within targeted markets
* Provide necessary and appropriate after-sale service to customer base including installation assistance, training on use and operation of equipment, and troubleshooting problems.
* Provide input to Regional Sales Manager, Marketing Department, and others as requested by management.
* Develop and maintain territory customer database, as well as competitive database.
* Attend trade shows as necessary to demonstrate Olympus equipment and meet with potential and current customers.
* Attend seminars and sales meetings in order to develop knowledge about division’s products and procedures for these products.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
(ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED)
* A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent knowledge is required; A Bachelor's Degree in Science or Engineering is preferred.
* A minimum of 2 years of related experience is required.
* Industrial Metrology and Semiconductor tool sales and applications experience is preferred.
* Sales experience is preferred.
* Excellent oral and written communication/interpersonal skills are essential.
* Must be self-motivated and goal oriented.
* Basic computer skills are necessary.
* The following physical demands are required:
-Lift/Carry 25 pounds
-Vision requirements correctable to 20/20 vision
-Bend/Stoop/Kneel 2 hours a day
-Stand/Sit/Walk 8 hours a day
Olympus - 16 months ago