If you are an assertive, self-starter who loves to sell, thrives in a fast paced environment, and who is passionate about advertising, get ready to advance your sales career at one of the region’s largest media company. As a Major Account Rep for Boston Globe Media, you will work to retain and grow revenue from Boston Globe Media’s largest customers. You will take on the primary selling role with these clients and will work with our team of sales “specialists” to sell all of Boston Globe Media’s products, including the Boston Globe, the Boston Globe Magazine, Boston.com, BostonGlobe.com, RadioBDC, BostonDeals, Insights, Design New England and BGM Experiential. You will be responsible for retaining current revenue, diversifying the products they buy, meeting quarterly revenue goals and delivering unmatched customer satisfaction. This position is covered by a union collective bargaining agreement.
- BS/BA Degree Preferred.
- 5+ years as a successful, consultative account executive with proven skills in selling solutions across multi-media platforms
- Proven experience using creative sales solutions and presentations that address audiences at many levels.
- Strong knowledge of the media landscape and marketing 101
- Excellent contract and rate negotiation skills
- Strong relationship building skills with clients
- Strong ability to “landscape” accounts to reach all decision makers and find new pockets of revenue
- Ability to team with other sales reps to bring optimized solutions to your clients. Expected to develop good relationships with peers, managers and support staff.
- Excellent written, listening and verbal communication skills.
- Requires excellent presentation skills and competence with PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong Internet and social media knowledge
- Comfort and familiarity with CRM systems
- Organizational skills a must
The Boston Globe is wholly owned by the New York Times Company (NYSE: NYT), a leading, global multimedia news and information company with 2011 revenues of $2.3 billion, that includes The New York Times, the International Herald Tribune, The Boston Globe, NYTimes.com, BostonGlobe.com, Boston.com and related properties. The Company's core purpose is to enhance society by creating, collecting and distributing high-quality news, information and entertainment.
Boston.com is one of the most visited regional portals in the U.S. and is wholly owned by The New York Times Company, a leading global, multimedia news and information company with 2011 revenues of $2.3 billion, that includes The New York Times, the International Herald Tribune, The Boston Globe, NYTimes.com, BostonGlobe.com, Boston.com, About.com and related properties. The Company's core purpose is to enhance society by creating, collecting and distributing high-quality news, information and entertainment.
EEO Statement: The Boston Globe is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic. The Boston Globe is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.
The New York Times Company
- 2 years ago - save job