Summary The Sales Representative will be responsible for maximizing sales of brands represented by the company to On Premise customers in an assigned territory by direct contact, and prospecting new accounts. This person must be willing to execute sales plans and special promotions towards the achievement of predetermined sales goals. This rep will also service customers with special product deliveries on short notices, and other customer sales needs. Service of these customers may also include actual placement of temporary and permanent point of sale material within the retail account.
1. Solicits sales in assigned accounts to achieve objectives through evaluation of new business opportunities and voids in present sales/service levels
2. Ensures the development of existing accounts
3. Maintains up to date account information and menus
4. Develops effective sales presentations
5. Develops and prospects new accounts through cold calls
6. Introduces new products and new promotions and provides service to assigned customers
7. Maintains total territory account calls as assigned
8. Handles all customer problems in a timely and efficient manner within Company guidelines
9. Attends all scheduled meetings and training sessions
10. Advises District Sales Manager of service problems encountered
11. Handles all paperwork and reporting requirements in a timely and accurate manner
12. May involve evening scheduling, special promotions or weekend activities with suppliers/customers
13. Extensive travel (70% - 85%) by automobile. Daily driving may involve driving distances of up to 200 miles.
14. Performs other related duties assigned
Key skills and competencies
• Strong communication skills with good verbal, persuasion, and writing ability.
• Computer skills with proficiency in Excel, Word Perfect and order entry
• High School Diploma or GED
• 2 years of adult beverage, product sales, three tier system or hospitality experience
• Ability to secure and maintain a valid driver’s license and auto-liability insurance in accordance with state laws
• Ability to secure and maintain a State Sales Permit in accordance with state laws
• 21 years of age or older
Additional Desired Qualifications
• 4 year degree preferred
• Physical demands with activity or condition existing a considerable amount of time include sitting and typing/keyboarding using a computer (i.e., keyboard, mouse, and monitor) or calculator
• Physical demands with activity or condition existing a occasional to rare amount of time amount of time include walking, carrying, reaching, standing, and stooping
• Ability to frequently lift and/or move 30 to 40 pound cases, ability to occasionally lift and/or move 50-pound cases and stand for extended periods of time.
United States-Arkansas-North Little Rock
Sales On Premise
Glazer's Wholesale Drug Company, named during Prohibition when only drugstores and drug wholesalers could deal in liquor, is a...