National Account Executive (inside/outside sales)
Are you the next Broussard Logistics’ National Account Executive?
Do you want to earn more each year by closing new business?
This is salary plus uncapped commission opportunity with the possibility to sign clients to multi-year contracts
Are you never satisfied with the size of your current pipeline?
We have behavior incentives aligned to your daily activity
We are seeking highly motivated and competitive sales representatives to join our team who are experienced in selling logistics services and consulting to major accounts.
This is a salary plus uncapped commission position requiring a documented and successful track record of prospecting and selling transportation and logistics services to “C” levels within major accounts.
Since 1978, the Broussard group has been helping businesses by executing our vision: bring to market a solution to manage, control, and lower freight costs. Broussard Logistics, based in Houston, TX, is a leading non-asset based third party transportation service (3PL) provider to businesses throughout North America.
While Broussard began by delivering timely and accurate services to client companies who regularly ship freight, our vision of solving supply chain issues for clients fueled our growth. Our first and primary service was audit, payment and reporting of freight invoices. That’s important because that service gave us an immense amount of market intelligence and data about shipping in all modes of transportation, and all lanes across North America.
As the transportation industry progressed, we continued to develop relevant technology solutions. An early start and longevity in the industry has enabled us to develop an integrated approach that provides logistics business consulting and enhances the information technology (IT) effectiveness. Now we serve over 1,000 clients, through three primary divisions, in a variety of different industries. Our collective clientele gives us the leverage of nearly $1 billion in buying power, as well as second -to-none market intelligence. With that buying power Broussard clients gain access to negotiated discounts on all facets of shipping, freight, parcel and more. Broussard clients are continually informed of leading-edge logistics technology and supply chain best practices that can help drive down to the bottom line.
What you get with Broussard as National Account Executive:
- Competitive salary plus uncapped commission and behavioral incentives
- Medical benefits and 401K
- Car and cell allowance
- Private company strength and flexibility; We are debt free and have never had a lay-off
- Our commitment to your training and career development
- 35 years of company excellence and a sterling reputation
- Generate new business through prospecting and cold calling corporate accounts. (150-200 calls per week)
- Develop and maintain accounts using a systematic method of sales skills and techniques … (Example: Sandler Sales Training)
- Negotiate pricing and contracts with customers
- Make persuasive group presentations
- Manage multiple projects
- Commitment to customer service with a sense of urgency
Qualifications & Experience:
- Track record of success in securing corporate and local accounts
- Responsible for all prospecting activities at senior management level
- Highly motivated with strong competitive drive
- Knowledge base of shippers and corporate contacts
- Work independently with a strong work ethic
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Work within a team environment
- Excellent phone communication and presentation skills
- Computer literate including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Never be satisfied with the size of their current pipeline
- Want to earn more each year by closing new business
- Be committed to a comprehensive prospecting plan
- Be experienced with inside sales/phone prospecting
- Five plus years of outside sales experience
- Minimum of two years of experience in the transportation/logistics sales arena
- Successful, proven sales track record
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must possess strong analytical, strategic selling and creative thinking skills
- Must be able to effectively use a CRM system
Broussard Logistics utilizes “Sandler Selling” techniques. All new hires will participate in this program and will have ongoing professional development in this area.
Atlanta area candidates only, please - no relocation provided.