ThyssenKrupp Elevator Americas is the largest producer of elevators in the Americas, with more than 13,500 employees, more than 200 branch and service locations, and sales of more than $2.7 billion. ThyssenKrupp Elevator Americas oversees all business for the operations in the United States, Canada, Central and South America. It is a subsidiary of ThyssenKrupp AG located in Germany.
Our Austin, TX branch office is searching for a talented Service/Repair Sales Representative to work in support of the Austin area. The Sales Representative is responsible for profitable sales of complete product line of vertical transportation equipment within the Service & Repair Business. Additionally, this sales representative may assist in the sales of modernization projects. The business will be derived from the prospecting of existing maintenance accounts, lost accounts, cold calls, public, TKE NIM accounts and private bid offerings. Individual will be also be involved in the surveying, estimating, project management, purchasing, order processing, invoicing and job progress meetings. Coordination with all branch personnel, corporate entities and relating vendors to effectively manage multiple projects will be instrumental in the success of quality and profitable job turnover.
This key sales position:
1. Monitors employee and customer satisfaction, motivation and personal development.
2. Is technically oriented with product knowledge of both ThyssenKrupp Elevator and competitor's equipment.
3. Understands and effectively applies estimating, scheduling and other software programs.
4. Evaluates contractual conditions, technical specifications, architectural drawings, and prepares fully detailed project proposals for presentation to developers, consultants, and building owners. Proposals offer technical recommendations to reduce costs while maintaining quality.
5. Has an understanding of business processes and is well versed on all codes and relation to existing job conditions.
6. Works with the contract administration group to assure ThyssenKrupp Elevator is bound to a fair and equitable contract that matches scope of work bid.
7. Ensure the customer is being billed properly and assist in collections of slow paying accounts.
1. Interface with branch clientele developing ongoing relationships, resulting in solid sales leads.
2. Able to analyze market conditions.
3. Take the lead in the Pre-Sell, Bidding, Negotiation, Order Entry and Approval Engineering Phases of project management.
4. Engaging and generating sales leads, including: qualifying, establishing and maintaining business partnerships while demonstrating vision and strategy enabling Branch and departmental success in exceeding sales budgets.
5. Partner with Operations Manager to ensure quality product turnover.
6. Account liaison between branch personnel and Operations Support Team. Assist in answering tech review questions on secured projects.
Job Requirements :
The successful candidate will hold a Bachelor’s Degree (BA) from four-year college or university; with an emphasis in Sales and/or Marketing preferred, plus a minimum of 3 years working in a related B2B sales capacity. Experience in the elevator industry is a plus.
Specific Knowledge, Skills & Behaviors:
1. Skilled in developing and promoting teams and a team-working environment.
2. Knowledge of Word, Excel, Microsoft Project, Access, Power Point and other related software preferred. Experience utilizing a CRM product to track and forecast sales opportunities is required. Experience with an ERP such as Oracle or SAP is strongly preferred.
3. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, consultants, building management and owners.
4. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
5. Good communication skills (both verbal and written) to be an effective team leader in the Modernization Business.
6. Strong sales and mechanical aptitude.
7. Willingness to relocate for advancement is preferred
We offer a competitive compensation package including bonus potential and an excellent 401(k) with immediate vesting along with an opportunity for long-term career growth.
ThyssenKrupp Elevator is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate in any employer/employee relations based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, disability, or veteran's status. We are proud to have a strong commitment to equal opportunity in the workforce and believe in treating people with dignity and providing equal employment and advancement opportunities for all.
If you want to join a strong, stable, growing business and make immediate contributions, please apply online at www.thyssenkruppelevator.com to join our team.
Offer Relocation :
ThyssenKrupp - 14 months ago