This position is responsible for aggressively promoting sales of products and services through establishing new accounts and maintaining existing accounts. The incumbent will utilize agronomic knowledge and an understanding of gross profit, market trends, and pricing to make recommendations to customers and to meet sales goals. In addition, the incumbent is responsible for assisting with customer service in the sales office, developing agronomic field plans and customer follow-up. This position will also be required to assist in other areas of plant operations including shipping/receiving, production, and field application.
Nature and Scope
The incumbent reports to immediate supervisor along with other operation employees.
· Bachelors Degree preferred
· Mid Level = 3 - 5 years of applicable experience in Ag Sales or related discipline
· Agriculture experience in use and application
· Valid driver’s license
· Commercial driver’s license (CDL), a plus
· Agriculture custom applicator license, a plus
· Certified Crop Advisor Certification (CCA), a plus
· Intermediate computer skills
· Agronomic specific knowledge
· Strong communication skills
· Strong relationship building skills
· Motivated as a self starter
· Ability to frequently lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds.
· Must be able to climb/stoop/kneel at heights up to 50 feet.
· Works in varying weather conditions and temperatures.
· Working conditions could include: dust, fumes and noise.
The following accountabilities are to be carried out in a manner consistent with the spirit and philosophy outlined in The Andersons' Statement of Principles:
1. Be a true leader and champion in establishing and maintaining a vision and required behaviors for our culture of ensuring human safety.
2. Deliver a courteous, pleasant and positive attitude to provide extraordinary service to all customers and coworkers.
3. Initiate sales calls; promote and sell products and services; and coordinate customer activities to ensure high customer satisfaction while meeting established sales goals.
4. Maintain an advanced knowledge of company products, services, policies and procedures, and a contextual understanding of agronomic principles.
5. Continually improve selling skills, understanding of equipment updates, and new technology.
6. Control customer accounts: sales orders, account credits, past dues, and collections.
7. Compile and report appropriate sales data/results to supervisor.
8. Provide support to the sales office with incoming calls, order preparation, and billing.
9. Demonstrate an understanding of the gross profit impact associated with sales and service programs, as well as market trends and pricing.
10. Obtain the appropriate certifications or licenses as required by supervisor.
11. Draw soil samples for analysis to obtain the best product or service match for the customer.
12. Operate various types of mobile equipment after participating in facility specific and mobile specific training.
13. Performs other related duties within job scope as assigned by supervisory personnel.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed, but are not to be seen as a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Also, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer. The Andersons is a Drug-Free Workplace.
Andersons, Inc. is an entrepreneurial company with diversified interests in the agriculture and transportation markets. The Company operates...