EMC and VMware have just launched a spinoff company targeting the fast growing “big data” market. Combining the resources and products from GreenPlum, Spring/vFabric, Pivotal Labs, Cloud Foundry and Cetas, we’ve started with 1,200+ employees and $350M in revenue to form Pivotal focused on 'Big Data', In-memory Fast Data, PaaS, Analytics at scale and Open Source.
We are looking for a world-class salesperson with experience selling IT solutions or consulting services into the top levels (CXO, CIO and CTO) of Federal Government agencies. As a Senior Account Executive at Pivotal, you will enjoy a senior level sales role and your objective will be to manage, develop and grow existing and prospective client relationships within Federal Civilian agencies.
- Consult with C-level executives in Federal Agencies to develop and implement an effective “data centric” enterprise wide strategy that maximizes the value delivered by Pivotal’s (Big Bata, Fast Data, Analytics) products and services
- Forecast revenues timely and accurately; Increase revenue and retention rates for specified key accounts
- Perform contract renewal activities focused on client needs
- Build excellent client relationships offering value-added, insightful and strategic input to their business
- Minimum 7 years of proven consultative selling experience, preferably selling technology products or services to a few of the following Federal Civilian Agencies; Department of Justice (all components - http://www.justice.gov/agencies/ ),Department of Energy (including all research labs),Department of Commerce, GSA, United States Postal Service, US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO),National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration (NOAA),Department of Labor, NASA, Department of Education, Department of Interior, National Archives & Records, Administration (NARA),USDA,FAA,FTA (Federal Transit Administration),Library of Congress, Census Bureau.
- 5+ years selling IT products or services to Federal Government agencies, those noted above are preferred.
- Consistently outperform sales quotas in previous jobs; Achievement driven; Highly competitive
- Knowledge of Big Data Analytics, MPP (Massively Parallel Processing) technologies, Hadoop, HPPC, Master Data Management and/or Federal Analytics programs/initiatives
- Experience with complex sales cycle selling to business and IT executives at both the program and enterprise level
- Experience and established contact base in the Washington DC area.
- Proficient in account planning and understanding of territory management
- Ability to prospect and manage C-Level and senior level relationships within large organizations
- Ability to lead multiple customer sales cycles and close effectively (i.e., candidate is not a “sales order” taker)
- Ability to quickly learn a new software product and clearly communicate its value proposition
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or comparable experience
When you choose Pivotal, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace.
Pivotal - 10 months ago
Pivotal Payments is an independent payment processing provider, offering a full range of merchant services to small, medium and large-sized...