The Sales Representative position is responsible for generating revenue by closing sales of assigned new business opportunities for the Viewpoint Construction Software business. Success in this position requires the ability to travel, prepare and present software demos, handle contract negotiations, and close new deals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Manage the sales process for a diverse group of assigned new business opportunities.
2. Develop attack plans for assigned opportunities.
3. Effectively manage a sales pipeline and achieve sales targets and forecasts.
4. Prepare clear, concise, and professional proposals to prospective and existing customers.
5. Respond to RFI’s (Request for Information) and RFP’s (Request for Proposal).
6. Provide regular reports on sales activities, results and forecast.
7. Provide market feedback and accurate forecasting to the management team to optimize strategy and positioning of offerings.
8. Provide product demonstrations, both web-based and on-site.
9. Close/negotiate contract sales.
10. Attend trade shows and industry conventions.
11. Assist with after-sale issues within Viewpoint’s customers based including collections, training/implementation, software functionality, etc.
12. Sales Representatives may be assigned responsibility for contacting a select list of contractors to build awareness of Viewpoint’s products & services within that group. Contacts that turn into opportunities will generally be managed by the Sales Representative who developed the opportunity but may also be assigned to another Sales Representative within the sales organization at the discretion of the Sales Director.
13. Participate in Business Development Activities. Build awareness about Viewpoint products and services within a group of assigned construction firms. Awareness building is achieved through phone contacts, mailings, meetings and software presentations.
- Strong sales skills including ability to manage and close deals and to consistently meet and exceed annual sales quotas established for the position.
- Ability to demonstrate a product in an effective, professional presentation manner.
- Strong customer-service orientation and commitment to insuring timely, quality solutions to customer issues.
- Ability to quickly develop and maintain a high level of knowledge of divisional software products and remain current on product knowledge.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills. Listens effectively, transmits information accurately and understandably, and actively seeks feedback. Effectively presents and explains information to various group sizes and levels of knowledge.
- Well-organized, self-directed team player. Remains open to others’ ideas, and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- College degree plus a minimum of two years of successful experience selling high-end products or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven record as a sales associate in a prior sales position that would demonstrate a strong working knowledge of the product being sold.
- This position requires up to 50% travel. The successful candidate will be willing and able to meet travel requirements. A valid driver’s license, good driving record and ability to qualify for a US Passport are required. Also required is the ability to qualify for a company credit card or possession of a personal credit card with sufficient limits to charge travel expenses.
- Experience selling enterprise software.
- Basic knowledge of computers and standard Microsoft software.
- Core understanding and working knowledge of the construction industry.
- General business knowledge and understanding of accounting and project management principles and practices.
Coaxis - 19 months ago