We are aggressively seeking a top-notch Rug Specialists to take our Fine Rug Gallery at Macy’s Furniture Galleries in Paramus-NJ and Staten Island-NY.
Do you have a flair for color and design?
Do you have a passion for retail sales and over-the-top customer service?
Do you have ‘True Selling’ skills?
Do you have what it takes to become a member of a world-class selling team?
If yes, then we have a challenge for you!
This individuals must be ambitious, self-motivated, success-oriented, have strong communication skills, and a willingness to learn and adapt.
MISSION: To achieve all Macy’s Fine Rug Gallery sales goals and continue leading the Rug Industry in Sales, Guest Services and Standards.
- $10 an hour, plus 3% commission.
- 20% Employee Discount
- 2 weeks paid vacation after 90-day probationary period.
- Individual company insurance, or cobra insurance after 90-day probationary period.
- Ability and desire to SELL
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multi-task on many different levels.
- Basic PC skills for checking personal e-mail account one or more times daily and
can open document attachments.
- Flexibility with scheduling.
- Some retail experience preferred.
- Understanding and awareness of all personnel regulations inclusive of sick time,
tardiness, vacation, dress code, etc. (outlined in Rug Specialist Benefit Guide)
- Ability to lift and move rugs weighing over 20 pounds.
- Ability to properly flip floor stock piles and remove rugs from the piles.
- Ability to replace and hang new arm rack samples.
- Assist with setting up and working special events in the Fine Rug Gallery
1) POLICIES AND PROCEDURES:
- Knowledge and command of POS computer for entering of sales, returns, exchanges, adjustments and all other functions.
- Proper documentation of all merchandise, rung on the POS, entered on daily selling sheets.
- Balancing of previous days’ sales figures with selling sheet and solving any discrepancies.
- All sales checks and paperwork must be filled out correctly, signed by the Guest and franked by the POS for both sales and returns.
- Proper documentation regarding any discounts and coupons.
- Maintain a neat and organized desk/cash wrap area.
- Security awareness while on selling floor, as well as following all security procedures to ensure overall safety and inventory control
- Complete knowledge of policies and procedures regarding merchandise mark downs, transfers and pricing.
2) MERCHANDISING, ADVERTISING, SALES PROMOTION
- Maintain effective communication with Regional Sales Manager.
- Complete knowledge of merchandise and accurate information on sales checks,
including a check to ensure that information matches the Fed Sign information.
- Knowledge of all current sale promotions and advertised merchandise.
- Responsible for maintaining merchandise presentation and assisting in floor moves.
- Ensure all arm rack samples have clean, updated Fed Signs.
- Ensure that all floor stock rugs have the proper price tags and the tags are kept in clean, readable condition.
- Replace merchandise on the arm racks and hang any new arm rack samples that arrive in the Fine Rug Gallery.
3) GUEST SERVICE STANDARDS
- Approach and welcome all guests into the Fine Rug Gallery.
- Expressing a positive, cooperative, attitude at work with guests and co-workers.
- Use open-ended questions when approaching new guests and engage in conversation.
- Ask the right questions to properly assist the guest in making the correct decision regarding size, style and color.
- Build multiple sales by suggesting additional rugs, padding, and warranty programs at every sale.
- Properly handle co-worker’s guests with regard to questions, exchanges, and returns.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to handle more than one guest at a time.
- Perform proper telephone etiquette.
- Responsible for all follow ups of special orders and delivery of merchandise.
- Exceptional problem solving skills.
- Maintain a current up-to-date Guest Profile Book, including sales records, special orders, and guest information.
- Utilize the Guest Profile Book to promote business and assist the Fine Rug Gallery in expanding the guest base.