We are aggressively seeking a top-notch Rug Specialists to take our Fine Rug Gallery at Macy’s Furniture Galleries in Paramus-NJ and Staten Island-NY.
Do you have a flair for color and design?
Do you have a passion for retail sales and over-the-top customer service?
Do you have ‘True Selling’ skills?
Do you have what it takes to become a member of a world-class selling team?
If yes, then we have a challenge for you!
This individuals must be ambitious, self-motivated, success-oriented, have strong communication skills, and a willingness to learn and adapt.
MISSION: To achieve all Macy’s Fine Rug Gallery sales goals and continue leading the Rug Industry in Sales, Guest Services and Standards.
- $10 an hour, plus 3% commission.
- 20% Employee Discount
- 2 weeks paid vacation after 90-day probationary period.
- Individual company insurance, or cobra insurance after 90-day probationary period.
- Ability and desire to SELL
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multi-task on many different levels.
- Basic PC skills for checking personal e-mail account one or more times daily and
can open document attachments.
- Flexibility with scheduling.
- Some retail experience preferred.
- Understanding and awareness of all personnel regulations inclusive of sick time,
tardiness, vacation, dress code, etc. (outlined in Rug Specialist Benefit Guide)
- Ability to lift and move rugs weighing over 20 pounds.
- Ability to properly flip floor stock piles and remove rugs from the piles.
- Ability to replace and hang new arm rack samples.
- Assist with setting up and working special events in the Fine Rug Gallery
1) POLICIES AND PROCEDURES:
- Knowledge and command of POS computer for entering of sales, returns, exchanges, adjustments and all other functions.
- Proper documentation of all merchandise, rung on the POS, entered on daily selling sheets.
- Balancing of previous days’ sales figures with selling sheet and solving any discrepancies.
- All sales checks and paperwork must be filled out correctly, signed by the Guest and franked by the POS for both sales and returns.
- Proper documentation regarding any discounts and coupons.
- Maintain a neat and organized desk/cash wrap area.
- Security awareness while on selling floor, as well as following all security procedures to ensure overall safety and inventory control
- Complete knowledge of policies and procedures regarding merchandise mark downs, transfers and pricing.
2) MERCHANDISING, ADVERTISING, SALES PROMOTION
- Maintain effective communication with Regional Sales Manager.
- Complete knowledge of merchandise and accurate information on sales checks,
including a check to ensure that information matches the Fed Sign information.
- Knowledge of all current sale promotions and advertised merchandise.
- Responsible for maintaining merchandise presentation and assisting in floor moves.
- Ensure all arm rack samples have clean, updated Fed Signs.
- Ensure that all floor stock rugs have the proper price tags and the tags are kept in clean, readable condition.
- Replace merchandise on the arm racks and hang any new arm rack samples that arrive in the Fine Rug Gallery.
3) GUEST SERVICE STANDARDS
- Approach and welcome all guests into the Fine Rug Gallery.
- Expressing a positive, cooperative, attitude at work with guests and co-workers.
- Use open-ended questions when approaching new guests and engage in conversation.
- Ask the right questions to properly assist the guest in making the correct decision regarding size, style and color.
- Build multiple sales by suggesting additional rugs, padding, and warranty programs at every sale.
- Properly handle co-worker’s guests with regard to questions, exchanges, and returns.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to handle more than one guest at a time.
- Perform proper telephone etiquette.
- Responsible for all follow ups of special orders and delivery of merchandise.
- Exceptional problem solving skills.
- Maintain a current up-to-date Guest Profile Book, including sales records, special orders, and guest information.
- Utilize the Guest Profile Book to promote business and assist the Fine Rug Gallery in expanding the guest base.
Macy's, Inc., with corporate offices in Cincinnati and New York, is one of the US's premier retailers, with fiscal 2014 sales of $28.1...