Airgas USA, LLC ., a leading distributor of industrial, medical, & specialty gases & welding supplies, is seeking a CONSTRUCTION SALES SUPPORT SPECIALIST to join our Sales team in SACRAMENTO, CA .
Sales Support Specialist - Construction
This position’s primary responsibility is to provide support to the Construction Specialist outside sales team. The position performs as the liaison amongst the Construction Sales Specialist, Account Manager, Accounts Receivable, Customer Service, Administration, Branch Locations, Operations and the customer. The position requires ability to submit all contract pricing timely and effective research/resolution on billing issues and submission of quotes. Promotes effective communication channels with both field and home office staff to facilitate efficient day-to-day execution of job responsibilities. Places customer orders as requested by the assigned Construction Specialist/Customer. Assists the Construction Specialist in selecting the proper gases/tools/safety equipment required by our customers. Must be able to support (4-5) Construction Specialists.
Essential Job Duties:
- Communicate daily via e-mail and/or phone with Construction Specialists on quotes, order status, deliveries, back orders and issues pending.
- Provide construction specialists any construction lead opportunities.
- Respond to and solve customer complaints by deploying the necessary company resources.
- Submit contract pricing and obtain approvals as needed.
- Set up appropriate stock levels as requested by sales reps and communicate to the proper store location.
- Create quotations based upon sales reps input; work with sales team by preparing effective sales quotes and proposals to prospective customers.
- Assist Accounts Receivable with problem invoices, research and gather supporting documentation and submit corrections as required.
- Complete customer follow up on quotes, inquiries, order status (expedite orders), deliveries and issues resolved.
- Maintain and demonstrate a positive attitude with all Airgas associates, customers, vendors and other Airgas businesses.
- Customize fax order forms with part numbers, account numbers, custom descriptions, pricing, contact information and other requests.
- Provide backup during periods of personnel shortages and increased workloads, as appropriate.
- Utilize the CC Tool/AFMR to submit any changes to an account and to set up new accounts.
- Research product and application information for customers as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (or High School Graduate with 3-4 yeas of hands-on construction and sales experience).
Looking for a great company to work for? You’ll Find It With Us! Airgas offers a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package, which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug, Life & Disability Insurance, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition Reimbursement and more.
- Experience in distribution sales (3-4 years minimum).
- Background in job site construction related selling.
- Understanding of branch-based industrial supply distribution system with a gas, welding, and safety emphasis.
- Ability to demonstrate full knowledge of all order-entry, data research and other computer skills.
- Creative and analytical thinker.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management in the Airgas Regional Companies.
- Ability to speak Spanish a plus.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work extended hours to meet customers’ and manager’s expectations
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
- Prolonged sitting, up to (8) hours per day, occasional walking and bending.
- Prolonged viewing of computer screens and using computer keyboard, up to 10 hours per day
- Must be able to work flexible hours to meet customers’ needs and management expectations.
- Computer skills with comprehensive knowledge of the Computer Unlimited order entry process, Office, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to read and comprehend materiel safety data sheets.
- Ability to occasionally lift 25-50 lbs.
- Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and promote a Drug-Free Workplace.
Airgas, Inc. (NYSE: ARG), through its subsidiaries, is one of the nation’s leading suppliers of industrial, medical and specialty...