Altria Group is a FORTUNE 200 company that owns the premier tobacco companies in the United States including Philip Morris USA, U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company and John Middleton. The companies’ premium tobacco brands include Marlboro, Copenhagen, Skoal and Black & Mild. Altria also owns Ste. Michelle Wine Estates, one of the country’s top premium wine producers and Philip Morris Capital Corporation, an investment company. Altria’s mission is to own and develop financially disciplined businesses that are leaders in responsibly providing adult tobacco and wine consumers with superior branded products.
We are currently seeking as a Sales Undergraduate Intern to join our Field Sales Force in State College, PA.
As a Sales Undergraduate Sales Intern, you will work within a specified geographical market interacting with customers in retail outlets. You will execute assigned duties requiring research, data collection and analysis. You will also work on assigned projects to analyze aspects of AGDC business.
Typical activities include:
- Selling and executing sales programs and promotions
- Assisting retailers with inventory management
- Consulting with retailers on profitability, presence (location, visibility, and advertising) and promotion (type, quantity, quality, frequency)
- Collaborating with sales force personnel to complete assigned projects
- Presenting findings and recommendations to AGDC management
- Retail/wholesale locations in assigned geography during their normal business hours
- Altria Group Distribution Company office facilities
- Overnight travel periodically, as business demands
In order to be successful in the Sales Intern role, individuals must possess strong interpersonal, negotiation, planning and organization skills. These skills in combination with a strong sense of work orientation and commitment to continuous improvement will result in successful job performance. We are seeking undergraduate students in an accredited college/university, preferably, but not limited to the status of a rising senior. You must have a valid driver's license in good standing as well as access to a vehicle, effective oral and written communication skills and well-developed mathematical and analytical skills. Sales Interns are paid hourly and receive business-related mileage for the use of a personal vehicle.
Please note that we do not retain resumes submitted outside of our application process and in order to qualify for our internships or co-op assignments, you must be eligible to work full time within the United States without sponsorship.
Altria - 12 months ago