As a member of the IT Develop, Market, and Sell Product engineering team, the Salesforce Engineer will be responsible for implementation of Salesforce.com integrations with both web-facing and backoffice systems including J2EE services, WebMethods, and SAP ECC. The candidate will be responsible for technical specification and development and will need to partner effectively with other teams in IT such as Business Analysts, QA, and Release Management. A team-player, collaboration-oriented, mindset is essential. They will be responsible for implementation and delivering code of high quality in accordance with agreed project schedules.
* The successful candidate must have hands-on experience with Salesforce.com implementations and be capable of developing reusable code using the Salesforce.com developer toolkits.
* The successful candidate will need to work closely with other teams in IT including Business Solution Analyst, QA, Release Management, and Operations.
* The successful candidate will be responsible for collaborating with other engineers and project stakeholders on the design and development of solutions and integrations.
* The successful candidate will be responsible for building and unit testing the integrations using the appropriate technology. They will work closely with the testing team to validate their integration, and with Operations to investigate, troubleshoot, and address production issues.
* The candidate should have 3-5+ years of overall IT experience with an emphasis on Salesforce.com and web service development.
* Candidate must have completed at least two large-scale Salesforce.com integrations.
* Force certified Developer (DEV 401, 501) is preferred
* Candidate must have proven ability to integrate business processes across disparate systems.
* Experience with SFDC Outbound Messaging Framework (OBM) and interoperability with Java and ColdFusion clients.
* Strong relational database skills, preferably experience with writing stored procedure, functions, triggers and data modeling
* Experience with MVC frameworks
* Strong Object Oriented Development Skills (Java preferred)
* Experience with development using Eclipse and integration with versioning and build systems
* Preferably experience writing, validating, and troubleshooting XML schemas.
* Preferably hands-on Enterprise Service Bus experience
* Preferably ColdFusion experience
* Excellent written and verbal skills.
Talent Merchants - 17 months ago