Title: Salon Development Partner -NY (Manhattan)
Location: Americas-United States-New York
Job Number: 130631
Aveda, America’s premier creator and marketer of plant-based haircare, skincare, make-up, PureFume™ and lifestyle products seeks a Salon Spa Development Partner to Grow and improve salons’ and spas’ productivity by providing business growth support and excellent product knowledge training. Assist with opening new business. Provide salons and spas with knowledge of all initiatives and development programs, including ABC.
Each Aveda employee will practice an individual commitment to sustainability and environmental responsibility in the workplace. We aim to steer society in a more sustainable direction for our benefit and the benefit of generations to come.
- Actively engage in building the transactions in marketplace through existing and new business growth.
- Utilize the ecosystem model to support salon and spa growth plans- increase referrals to Experience Centers and on-line; placement of students in Aveda network; and coordination of promotional activities among salons/spas, Institutes and Experience Centers.
- Open new business in accordance with company guidelines.
- Educate and coach salons and spas on inventory and merchandising requirements ensuring that appropriate inventory levels are maintained.
- Ensure retail schematics are implemented.
- Train and coach salon/spa staff on retail product knowledge in order to increase sell-through.
- Demonstrate proper event planning and implementation to provide staff with the knowledge and tools necessary to plan and host their events.
- Provide Aveda sensory experience education and demonstrations as outlined in the Aveda points of difference. Ensure that salon and spa staff are consistently providing the experiences.
- Demonstrate expertise on Aveda Business College (ABC) benchmarks and implement growth plans.
- Timely completion and submission of SMP
- Neutralize risk of diversion by analysis of purchasing patterns and SMP- partner with Customer Relations. Monitor local market for non-approved points of distribution, e.g. drug stores, supermarkets and beauty suppliers.
- Utilize ABC benchmarks to identify potential high risk accounts to avoid closures.
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Relevant combination of experience and education will be considered.
Professional license or certification a plus.
2-3 years sales or education experience, preferably in the salon industry
Ability to understand financial and sales reports.
Strong math skills.
Excellent organization skills.
Demonstrates superior customer service skills.
Ability to attend all sales meetings and required trainings to include Aveda Business College and field orientation.
Ability to work core schedule of Tuesday through Saturday or as business dictates (i.e. some nights & weekends).
Must possess a valid driver’s license & proof of vehicle insurance.
Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
Ability to transport own luggage when necessary.
Preferred living location - Manhattan, NY
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Estee Lauder - 10 months ago