Salon Leader –
Do you like leading a team and watching them excel? Do you enjoy knowing your business inside and out? Do
you like interacting with clients and finding ways to make them happy? Do you like partnering with peers to get
big results? Do you like being a part of something that’s never been done before? Well…being a Salon Leader in
the new jcp might be the position for you! Come be a part of a team that is changing the face of retail forever.
The Salon Leader’s role is to understand the levers and indicators that affect the salon business and
coach their team of Specialists and Experts to deliver an amazing shopping experience for their clients.
• Responsible for leading your team – You’ve led people before and know how important it is to a) provide
your team frequent coaching / feedback, b) focus on differentiating performance across team members, c)
empower your team to take control and make good decisions, d) set expectations with your team on what needs
to be done and what successful performance looks like, e) find ways to motivate your team to do the best work of
their lives, and f) sincerely recognize each and every team member for their individual contribution to the store’s
• Responsible for analyzing business performance – You know the numbers. You know what they mean and
what affects them on a daily basis. You review reports and any other information you can get your hands on to
better understand how and why your business performs the way it does – and then take action to make a
• Supports Talent Management process – You actively search for talent for your salon. You’re quite
comfortable hunting for great talent in the market and approaching them about opportunities. There’s no grass
that grows under your feet when it comes to finding talent for your openings.
• Responsible for assisting clients – You love interacting with new people as well as greeting old friends that
come back into the salon to find something new. On rare occasions you may even provide services to clients to
satisfy their needs.
• Supports the execution of the monthly SET – You walk the salon and prepare for new merchandise. You are
all about core standards and you work with the team to ensure the salon is presenting an engaging and safe
• Responsible for making visual merchandise decisions – You have a keen interest in keeping the salon
clean and visually stimulating for our brands and ultimately your clients. You walk the floor and find opportunities
to ensure the merchandise is restocked, replenished, and presented to visual standards and when they’re
not…you know just what to do.
Skill and Characteristics:
• People Skills – You are outgoing and have no problem striking up a conversation with complete strangers. You
like working in a team environment where you help your peers and they help you!
• Business Analytics – You like numbers and metrics and enjoy sharing your insight with others on how you and
your team can affect them every day!
• Decision Making – You evaluate situations effectively and exercise good judgment when making decisions.
• Passion for Salon – You love the salon environment. You love being on your feet, moving around, handling
product, and making people look and feel great!
J. C. Penney - 2 years ago