1. Follows surface preparation specifications on trailers and accessories.
2. Follows supervisor’s instructions to select unit to work on.
3. Uses blasting equipment to remove rust, carbon, mill scale and weld spatter. May be required to use buffers and chippers etc. to clean hard to reach areas.
4. Handles and utilizes all material used in the blast areas in a safe manner.
5. Carefully prepares trailers for blasting or painting, by masking off key components on the trailer that are not blasted or painted.
6. Handles, stores and disposes of all hazardous materials properly. Successfully completes annual training.
7. Follow standard work and procedures.
8. Must adhere to all safety standard set by the company.
9. Must help identify waste in process or procedure to increase efficiency.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Must be mechanically inclined to operate various pieces of equipment including high pressure blasting equipment, air compressor, overhead hoist, air tools, impact tools and forklift.
2. Must be able to stand, climb and bend, and lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds, on a regular basis.
3. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment while performing job functions.
4. Must pass Pulmonary Function Test and be able to utilize a respirator while operating blasting equipment.
5. Must be able to use judgement as to thoroughness of cleaning trailers, including setting and monitoring equipment parameters e.g. ( pressures, etc.).
6. Must possess good communication skills.
7. Must display a positive work attitude and work ethic.
8. Must work in accordance with Trail King’s safety policies and procedures.
9. Must have basic computer skills.
10. Must be flexible, independent and self-motivated.
11. Will have job learning period of 3 to 6 months.