- Supervise the cleaning and sanitation of equipment. Maintains and updates Master Sanitation Schedule and SOPs to reflect changes in equipment or in cleaning procedures.
- Conduct plant sanitation inspections to ensure compliance of all cleaning and sanitation requirements.
- Order and manage usage of chemicals and supplies. Responsible for inventory and storage of sanitation supplies.
- Ensure that proper chemical levels are being used and proper procedures are being followed.
- Maintain chemical usage and cleaning logs.
- Must have working knowledge of GMP and HAACP programs.
- Manage the day to day operations in the facility.
- Ensure standard operating procedures and work instructions are up to date and in alignment with current processes.
- Implements policies and procedures to improve production methods.
- Increase subordinate skills and capabilities.
- Manage department priorities.
- Manage departmental performance measures, including visual controls.
- Provide progress reports to the Plant Manager.
- Maintenance of annual budgets.
- Review ongoing performance results to targets and takes corrective action when needed.
- Develop system for tracking and monitoring projects.
- Involved in the setup of weekly production schedule.
- Review paperwork to verify accuracy of data.
Knowledge and Experience Required for position
- Responsible for disciplinary actions.
- Maintain favorable working relationships with all company employees.
- Promote a positive working environment to improve employee morale.
- Communicates areas of accountability and performance expectations.
- Oversee and/or conduct various training.
- Must have a HS Diploma or GED.
- BS in Food Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience preferred.
- Minimum of 5 (five) years supervisory experience, food industry and/or sanitation experience preferred.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office and SAP.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Previous forklift experience helpful.
- 22 months ago - save job