Sawyer Crew - Beaver Creek - Full Time, Seasonal - Summer 2013
Beaver Creek : At the gate, you leave everyday life behind. That's why people travel to Beaver Creek, Colorado from all over the world, and many make it a tradition. The drama of rock and sky, the sheer grandeur of this place, is one reason. That it is North America's World Cup mountain is another. It is also a place of intimacy. A private resort hidden from view, with the power to bring people together
The Sawyer Crew performs daily operations of a working saw crew. This position will be responsible for daily falling, limbing, topping, and skidding operations. Each day the crew will meet with the Supervisor to organize a strategy for cutting operations. The crew will work closely with various types of heavy equipment including but not limited to: track hoe, de-limber, dozer, log truck and skidder. The individual in this position must be self motivated and have the ability to follow instructions. This is a strenuous physically demanding position. Must have a valid driver's license and have the ability to drive vehicles including 4WD trucks (training included).
When there is down time in the sawyer position, you may be asked to help other departments such as trail crew and snowmaking complete their tasks.
Have fun. Serve Others. Do Right. Drive Values. Do Good. Be Safe. These are the values Vail Resorts employees embrace daily. As the premier mountain resort company in the world and a leader in luxury, destination-based travel at iconic locations, we operate in three highly integrated and interdependent segments including mountain, lodging and real estate. Vail Resorts employees are good at what they do and we welcome people who bring enthusiasm, pride and a commitment to creating an Experience of a Lifetime to our stakeholders.
- In-person interview required
- Must have previous experience running a chainsaw
- Must have experience working with heavy equipment as well as falling and skidding trees
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have a valid US drivers license
- Must have an acceptable drivers record
- Must be able to lift and carry 75 lbs
- Must be able to read, write, speak, understand, and comprehend English
- Must have a team oriented attitude
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must have physical dexterity to hike on ski slopes on rough terrain
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays
Vail Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Vail Resorts - 17 months ago
Vail Resorts hopes the ski vacation business is all uphill. One of North America's leading ski resort operators, Vail Resorts operates...