Duties & Responsibilities:
• Successfully complete new Corpsmember orientation and S212 chainsaw training.
• Work on a crew with approximately 10 young adults completing service and conservation
projects throughout the Denver metro area.
• Complete conservation projects on public lands throughout the Denver metro area and Front
Range using basic tools, chainsaws, a chipper and other equipment. Project examples are
forest thinning and restoration, invasive species removal, hazardous fuels reduction, park
improvements and development.
• May be required to participate in Colorado Cares National Service Day.
• Fully participate in environmental education, leadership development, civic engagement,
healthy lifestyles, career development, and service learning activities.
• Fully participate in all technical trainings related to the service projects.
• Adhere to all safety rules and regulations.
• Adhere to the rules and regulations specified in the MHYC Employee and Corpsmember
• Diligently practice Leave No Trace techniques.