Under specific supervision, completes a variety of in-the-field surveys and performs counts pertaining to passengers and schedules. Computes and summarizes findings and performs related work as required.
This position is in Salary Grade G: $15.13 - $18.79 - $22.45 per hour.
This position will remain opened until
- l filled.
(There are two openings for this position)
Conducts on-board and intersection checks to record arrival and departure times of coaches and numbers of passengers loading and unloading at designated points.
- Records various information including, but not limited to, weather conditions, bus run number, seating capacity, etc.
- Makes special origin and destination checks and notes flow of traffic.
- Answers questions and provides information as requested.
- Maintains records, prepares summaries and reports, such as check sheets and summary of work run.
- Makes recommendations concerning routing, scheduling, bus stop zones, and traffic signals based upon findings.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma with approximately five years of experience in transportation schedule checking, surveyor, data collection, service monitor, customer relations, clerical or related work.
- Orange County streets and cities.
- Record-keeping techniques.
- Modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Work varying shifts; hours, days and locations.
- Prepare and maintain summaries and reports.
- Understand and describe traffic flow and hazards.
- Use a calculator.
- Make arithmetic calculations quickly and accurately.
- Work independently.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Meet schedules and time lines.
- Describe, in writing, situations encountered in the field.
- Observe and count passengers and timeliness of bus arrivals and departures.
- Indoor and outdoor environment; subject to weather conditions, various locations and working hours including split shift, early mornings, evenings, and weekends.
- Valid California Class C Driver License.
The above statements are intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, skills, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
ORANGE COUNTY TRANSPORTATION AUTHORITY
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employee