This position is located in Serra Mesa.
8-hour shift; 9:00 am – 5:30 pm, no weekends
Required Skills and Qualifications
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One year recent experience within a hospital and/or medical setting
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to perform duties according to specific written and/or verbal instructions and to accurately maintain written records
- Effective and professional communication both written and verbal on all levels
- Intermediate computer skills
- Ability to deal with highly technical and sensitive information with confidentiality
- Must possess decision-making abilities and work independently with minimal supervision
- Effectively organize and prioritize work responsibilities
- Ability to multi-task
- Associates Degree
- Surgery scheduling experience
- Windows, PICIS, Cerner, Onbase experience
The Scheduler/Biller - Surgery will be responsible for advance scheduling of surgical procedures and coordinating essential equipment, supplies and/or personnel requirements for the procedures. Responsible for patient billing of ADC/LDR/OR/PACU/Triage departments. Responsible for the coordination, completion and accuracy of the statistics for ADC/LDR/OR/PACU/Triage and the data entry related to the statistics/database items.
The Women’s Surgery with its 9 Surgery Suites, at Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women and Newborns (SMBWN) provides a full range of medical and surgical services for women of all ages. SMBWN affiliated physicians perform both advanced hysteroscopy and laparoscopy as minimally invasive procedures in an environment specifically tailored to the care and comfort of women. More minimally invasive gynecologic procedures have been performed at SMBWN than any other hospital in San Diego, including up to 1,000 robotic-assisted surgeries.
Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women and Newborns is a nationally recognized, full-service Women's Hospital with approximately 8,500 deliveries per year and is part of the Sharp HealthCare system, which won the 2007 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award.
Located in San Diego, it is nationally recognized for its care of expectant mothers and delivering babies, as well as its Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit – the largest in Southern California. Other services include Operating Room suites and PACU, Mother/Infant Services, Women’s Acute Care, and the Perinatal Special Care Unit with centralized monitoring specializing in high-risk antepartum care.
Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women and Newborns provides a full range of medical and surgical services for women of all ages, including robotic gynecologic surgery and oncology and is San Diego's only hospital dedicated to women's care. In 2009 and 2010, the hospital received the Press Ganey Summit Award for physician satisfaction scores above the 95th percentile or above for their two most recent physician partnership reports.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment background checks before starting work.
Sharp Healthcare - 6 months ago