Job Description: POSITION SUMMARY:|
Coordinates the scheduling of procedures for Outpatient Infusion Services, according to policy and to meet the needs of the patient, physician, and Doctors Hospital at Renaissance. Assists in processing physician orders, maintains patient charts in an accurate manner, and maintains adequate unit supplies. As needed, will assist clinical team members by performing a variety of duties for patients within the patient care system and under direct/supervision of a registered nurse.
1. Considers priorities and special needs when scheduling appointments and procedures.
2. Directs and maintains schedule according to policies, nursing staff availability, equipment availability, and patient needs.
3. Coordinates schedule assessing conflicts and adjusts schedule as needed.
4. Facilitates daily completion of the facility schedule.
5. Follows procedure for notification of changes in the schedule (e.g. cancellation).
6. Maintains and protects each patient's right to confidentiality.
7. Engages in excellent telephone etiquette.
8. Assumes clerical duties and responsibilities as delegated.
9. Actively participates directly with patient care and ensures a safe and comforting environment.
10. Transports patients as needed.
Doctors Hospital at Renaissance - 2 years ago