Mon - Fri
Hours: 8:00am to 5:00pm
Rotating Call on evenings and weekends (after training)
Methodist Stone Oak Hospital, but plans are to move to the Methodist Plaza
General Statement of Duties
The scheduler is responsible for the accurate scheduling of surgical and other procedures in the various surgical and procedural areas.
Essential Job Functions
1. Coordinates the scheduling of procedures with physicians, physician offices, and anesthesiologists according to established scheduling guidelines.
2. Ensures that necessary equipment is available for all scheduled procedures
3. Communicates additions, cancellations and special requests of schedule to all appropriate parties.
4. Collects patient demographic and insurance data at time of procedure scheduling
5. Utilizes the computerized scheduling system and supports updates as available.
6. Serves as preceptor to new employees
Job Description Appendix A:
Environmental and Physical Demands/Hazardous Conditions:
( X ) INSIDE: Spends approximately 40 hours or more per week inside.
( ) OUTSIDE: Spend approximately __ hours per week outside (driving/running work related errands).
( ) BOTH: The activities occur inside and outside in approximately equal amounts.
WORK POSITIONS: (defined in 5% increments of work time): Sitting
( ) SEDENTARY WORK: Lifting 10 lbs. maximum and occasional lifting and/or carrying articles.
( X) LIGHT WORK: Lifting 20 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying articles weighing up to 10 lbs.
( ) MEDIUM WORK: Lifting 50 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
( ) HEAVY WORK: Lifting 100 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing
up to 50 lbs.
( ) VERY HEAVY WORK: Lifting objects in excess of 100 lbs. with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing more than 50 lbs.
( ) Ability to lift, push and pull with assistance (mechanical or co-worker) the weight of an average patient specific to the department.
Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics (KSAOs
Minimum Education and Experience
High School Graduate or GED preferred.
Secretarial, computer and clerical skills acquired through formal education and training also preferred.
Six months experience in office functions acquired through hospital or medical office work preferred.
Prefer medical, Physician, and surgical scheduling experience.
Ability to utilize basic office equipment, including computer terminals.
Minimum License and Certificates Required
: None required.
Supervised By: Scheduling Supervisor
Supervision Of: N/A
HCA Inc - 8 months ago