Our before and after school programs are for children in grades Kindergarten through 6th grade. Our afternoon schedule gives children support with daily homework and provides recreational activities. The center is a welcome place for families and all children, respecting their home language, cultural values and traditions. Teaching staff help students with their long-term project assignments. Teaching staff work with elementary school classroom teachers to develop and follow through with plans that support children’s individual needs. Our High/Scope framework enables children to plan, participate and review their daily experiences. The center is an inclusive environment that supports the individual and special needs of all children
As part of our teaching team, you will plan developmentally appropriate activities based on children’s interests and needs. Teaching staff complete developmental assessments (DRDP) within the first 60 days of enrollment plus a follow up assessment to measure each child’s growth over a year and two parent conferences annually. Teaching staff build relationships which support ongoing communication and partnership with families. Teaching staff observe and document children’s emerging interests and progress through anecdotal notes, weekly lesson plans and through the portfolio of individual work. Teaching staff follow Licensing guidelines for supervision, children’s personal rights, and health and safety
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
- Education: ____ Units in child development, early childhood development or related field (be able to provide transcripts). Child Development permit required depending on center funding.
- Experience: prior childcare experience in a before/after school setting leading lesson planning and/or recreation activities; 2 years preferred. Prepare lesson plans, anecdotal notes, portfolios, assessments.
- Work Hours: position is needed for the following hours: _________________; some flexibility to work alternate hours as center needs require
- Strong teamwork and customer service skills
- Initiative, problem-solving, and time management skills
- Interact with children in a manner consistent with CDI/CDC philosophy
Child Development Centers - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard