Our community-based services focus on maintaining people in their community. We work with children, adults and families to help identify and achieve personal, behavioral, social and mental health treatment goals. Through our partnership with Pittsburgh Public Schools we provide enhanced therapeutic classrooms to the public schools to help maintain children in their home environment. This is professional counseling work providing direct client services. Work involves providing group and individual counseling in a school setting within the agency's philosophy and mission statement. An employee also performs administrative duties that pertain to the counseling function. Work is reviewed on a continuing basis by a clinical and administrative supervisor.
- Master’s degree in a counseling related field with one year experience required.
- Credentialed and licensed required.
- Must possess knowledge of the principles and techniques of group and individual counseling.
- Must possess knowledge of counseling theory and technique at a graduate level.
- Must possess knowledge and sensitivity and the skills and ability to integrate within one's own style as appropriate to the client and/or group setting.
- Must be able to establish and maintain a positive therapeutic relationship with clients, teachers, and school personnel in a consistent and continuing manner.
- Must be able to use counseling methods generally accepted by professional peers and approved by Glade Run Lutheran Services.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relations with agency personnel, school personnel, and community agencies.
- Must be able to adjust hours to job requirements.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must possess good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to protect the confidentiality of the clients.
- Must be able to identify with the agency’s Mission Statement and support the agency's Core Values.
- Provide group and individual counseling for clients; provide individual/group activities related to social skills development, problem solving/conflict resolution and anger management.
- Assist and work with classroom teachers and other school personnel to implement behavior management system; provide consultation to school core team with the purpose of providing behavioral updates on student progress.
- Complete clinical file documentation in accordance with agency policies and procedures including timeliness and thoroughness; review and revise case files as requested by supervisor; complete all documentation requirements for payor in a timely manner.
- Contact parents to obtain necessary information to provide needed services; consult psychiatrists and other helping professionals as clinically appropriate on individual cases as required under Glade Run Lutheran Services policy.
- Attend regular supervisor meetings, peer case reviews, and assigned school meetings; complete the agency's orientation and keep up to date with personnel requirements.
Monster - 10 months ago
copy to clipboard
Glade Run provides foster care services to children from birth to 18 years of age. The children needing foster care have been separated from...