As the nation's first multi-campus charter school, Friendship Public Charter School has been producing college-ready students for over 15 years. From Preschool through 12th grade, Friendship invests in providing a rigorous academic curriculum that enables our children to excel as ethical, literate, and well-rounded leaders in a 21st century economy. We surpass our peers across the District in public education with a 91% graduation and college entrance rate. to this end, we also hold teh quality, success, and development of our teachers with paramount importance. We provide a number of professional growth and development opportunities which have yielded both the 2010 and 2011 DC Teachers of the Year, and three outstanding school principals who launched their careers in our classrooms.
The primary focus of the Guidance Counselor is to assist students in achieving personal fulfillment by providing them with guidance and counseling services that will help them make successful personal, educational, and occupational life plans.
- Assists students in evaluating their aptitudes and abilities through the use of teacher comments, interpretation of individual standardized test scores and other pertinent data
- Works with students in evolving educational and career plans
- Provides individual counseling sessions for assigned students in dealing with their personal needs as they affect school performance, as well as their educational and career plans
- Provides small and large group counseling sessions, as needed, to address students’ personal, educational and career plans
- Master's degree in School Counseling from an accredited institution
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 and above
- Two years of related work experience required
- Two years of related work experience in urban education setting preferred
- DC School Counselor certification or equivalent as recognized by Interstate Compact relevant to teacher certification