Full-Time School Health Aide needed immediately
Hours: 7am - 3:30pm M-F for the rest of the school year and next school year.
SUMMARY: Provide health care to students needing basic first aid, dispense medication as delegated by a registered nurse and requested by a health care provider and parent. Evaluate ill students and contact parents as needed. Provide care in emergency situations and contact parents and/or legal guardians as well as the Nurse Consultant when necessary. Record health concerns, immunization and emergency information in the district’s student information system. Implement individual students health care plans guidelines that were prepared, trained, and delegated by Nurse Consultant.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND REPONSBILITIES:
1. Provide basic first aid, monitor illness and injury and notify parents of concerns.
2. Record daily log of use of clinic and daily duties. Record and update health concerns, medication, and emergency information in student information system and student health files.
3. Complete screening information following the guidelines established by a school Registered Nurse.
4. Delegation by a Nurse Consultant may be made to assist students with, but not limited to students with disabilities, asthma related problems, severe allergy problems, students with diabetes (insulin injections, glucose monitoring, glucogon IM injections), students that need assistance with catherizations, toileting assistance, seizure medications Diastat that is administered via rectum, cortisol intra muscular injections for cortisol insufficient students and gastrostomy feedings and care.
5. Organize and complete vision and hearing on students as required by the state. Enter screening data in student health files.
6. Arrange field trip medication to be given by the teachers to the students as well as if a student with special needs (example but not limited to diabetes) needs delegated staff to attend the field trip make appropriate arrangements for this to occur.
7. Monitor and maintain the AED machine and needs of the AED machine including but not limited to adequate staff are kept up with CPR, First Aid, AED and Universal Precautions certificates.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of two years experience preferred.
- Experience in health care and working with children preferred.