College degree preferred.
• Minimum 1-2 years of food service management experience required.
• Must have Serve Safe or similar, safety, customer service training class certifications. Required within 18 months of hire.
• Excellent communication skills
• Must be computer proficient and easily able to learn new software.
• Must have some culinary background, able to cook and schedule for high volume
• Must have positive attitude and willingness to learn.
• Assist the Director/Manager in the operating a first-rate school lunch program by implementing Whitsons’ high standard in all facets of the operation.
• Maintain and periodically redesign all servery decorations. Create fresh, colorful, eye-appealing presentations daily for each station.
• Assist manager in controlling main expense categories such as food cost, labor costs and operating expenses, while simultaneously providing for excellent customer satisfaction.
• Assume a leadership role in a supportive, positive manner.
• Act as client liaison and Manager when Food Service Director/Chef Manager is not on premises.
• Implement and post an effective, detailed cleaning schedule for the location that encompasses all facets of the operation, making sure that all duties are properly assigned. Follow-up on same.
• Assist in the training and cross-training of all team members in each position at your unit.
• Work with manager on conducting in-servicing classes for all team members on sanitation, safety and customer focus and all other training as needed.
• Read, memorize and implement all company policies.
• Responsible for all High School Production and catering - must manage time and and team to ensure proper serving time and temps
• All assigned paperwork must be completed daily. All paperwork must be submitted to corporate office in timely manner.
• Assist the manager in preparing all week ending reports in a timely manner. Analyze and explain all discrepancies to Food Service Manager/Chef Manager.
• Assist the manager in designing and cost analyzing cycle menus by station. Assist with Monthly theme marketing.
• Manage and mentor team ensuring they have tools to succeed
• Conduct monthly inspections using the self audit. Prepare location for annual QA inspection.
Whitsons Culinary Group - 5 months ago
Whitsons Culinary Group is among the region's largest and most innovative dining service companies, providing a wide variety of services...