3-5 years experience in School Food Service Management required.
• Completely knowledgeable regarding USDA requirements for NSLP and the new HHFKA
• Culinary experience required
• ServSafe or similar certified – Must be knowledgeable of all local ordinances.
• Degree in nutrition, dietetics, hospitality or other related field preferred.
• Culinary background is preferred - Must have a passion and an interest in food
• Working knowledge of cooking procedures and recipe adherence and scaling.
• Must have demonstrated experience developing talent and managing multiple priorities
• Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications is required.
Whitsons School Nutrition, a leader in Food Services, is currently in search of a seasoned Director to lead the team at School Districts in MA.
Must have minimum of 3-5 years K12 School Lunch Director experience. Must be strong leader to assist in bringing the team together in a successful school lunch program.
Must be strong leader to assist in bringing the team together in a successful school lunch program.
Some of the responsibilities include:
Responsible for all accounting components.
Ensures that all aspects of program completely comply with all state and federal requirements of a K12 program.
Coordinates and supervises production, merchandising, quality and cost control, labor management and employee training.
Recruits, hires, develops and retains team.
Able to effectively communicate verbally, electronically and written with clients, parents, students and support staff.
Must have proven knowledge of National School Lunch requirements including the HHFKA and all State/ Federal guidelines.
Must have minimum of 3 years experience managing a high volume K12 dining program.
College degree required
Culinary experience helpful
Whitsons Culinary Group - 17 months ago