Seeking a PT School Nurse to work 6-15 hours per week (9 month Contract - Aug 2014 - June 2015). The actual day(s) of the week are flexible.
MUST have or be able to obtain a CDE Special Services Provider Certificate. For licensing information go to: http://cde.state.co.us/cdeprof/Licensure_ssp.asp
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS –
- Implement a data management system which facilitates continuity of health care for the students and provides information to evaluate and monitor the entire program.
- Establish procedures for and/or provides for emergency care and management of illnesses and injuries in the local school.
- Interpret and educate school personnel in department policies, related school district policies and Colorado State Laws (significant Health Conditions List, child abuse reports, emergency procedures, health screenings and assessment, immunizations, substance abuse, medication use, first Aid training).
- Perform scoliosis, vision, hearing; and height and weight screening, make referrals and follow-up.
- Track, monitor and enter data for immunizations and compliance with State mandates.
- Complete, update and maintain student records (accident reports, health records) using District software system, and completes and submits reports.
- Provide emergency care that includes timely and appropriate referral.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE –
- Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing from approved school of nursing.
- Colorado Department of Education; baccalaureate degree from approved school of nursing.
LICENSURE & CERTIFICATION –
- Professional Special Services Provider License with endorsement as a School Nurse.
- Colorado Nursing License
- Current certificate for Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), renewed as required.
Indeed - 8 months ago
copy to clipboard
The StaffWell Group is a national staffing company specializing in Healthcare, Sales, Retail and Finance positions. We connect...