P OSITION OVERVIEW:
Charles F. Hayden Day School ) and Shelter programs are seeking a Paraprofessional/MHW to join our team to provide direct care, behavior management, and support educational and clinical services for the clients in the shelter programs and in the school.
Provides required assistance and supports to facilitate client’s behavior, emotional, educational, and social development and learning in accordance with an individualized service/treatment plan in a structured, intensive therapeutic milieu setting by working collaboratively with other members of the team
· Participate in the planning and implementation of programming specifically designed to encourage development growth for a wide range of ages
· Participate in weekly therapeutic groups as a co-facilitator, under guidance of clinical staff
· Supports classroom activities and lessons with the educational staff
· Provides crisis intervention utilizing Cornell Therapeutic Crisis Intervention techniques
· Maintains appropriate ratios and motivation as indicated on point sheets
· Provide a safe, orderly and nurturing living experience for children in care
· Ensure that goals/objectives of each client’s service/treatment plan are implemented as part of the daily activities
· Documentation of each client’s response to care and clinical interventions
· Immediate notification to Shift Leads, Coordinator, or Manager regarding crisis situations, including delopements, major aggressions and sexual acting out
· Be familiar with and implement all program policies and procedures
· Bachelor’s degree in education or a behavioral health related field such as social work, counseling, human services or a related area, or HS diploma and at least 3 years experience working with children in a milieu based program; previous experience working with children in a recreational, educational, residential or day program
· Valid driver’s license and clean driving record with endorsement "A"
· TCI and Boys & Girls Village Model Certified; CPR, First Aid Certified
Apply Now: Interested candidates are invited to
submit a resume today!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Boys & Girls Village - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard