Where Creating the Best Hope for a Healthier Future Begins...
In this position you will apply your technical skills obtained from a concentrated degree program in the social sciences, computer science or engineering in designing and developing highly specialized programs and applications for data collection in a research setting.
Additional Summary Specific to Job
POSITION KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1. Collaborates with system stakeholders in the design of programs and/or systems from requirements.
2. Ensures that the specifications provided are thorough and detailed in order to avoid problems in coding development.
3. Verifies the design with system stakeholders. Makes changes as appropriate.
4. Translates program and/or system requirements into technical specifications.
5. Codes, modifies, and maintains moderately complex programs and ensures that the programs conform to technical specifications.
a. Access databases and forms for entry of demographic data entry by team members (~20%).
b. Web-based project-tracking system of state-wide intervention of early childhood education providers, based on .NET framework and C# (~30%).
c. Educational assessment experiments of preschool and early primary-age children using Millisecond Inquisit software (~30%).
d. Miscellaneous, as required (~20%).
6. Thoroughly and adequately tests all functions of the program.
7. Verifies test results with stakeholders and makes modifications as appropriate.
8. Prepares documentation on the program or series of programs.
9. Prepares the proper paperwork and follows correct procedures for implementing new programs or changes in production.
10. Responsible for the maintenance of completed/existing programs and systems.
11. Adheres to departmental and generally accepted industry standards, policies and procedures for system development.
12. Maintains currency in subject matter required to perform job. Consults resource materials as needed.
13. Other duties as assigned
Bachelor's degree in biomedical sciences, computer science or engineering or another degree directly applicable to the assignment with a minimum of one year relevant research experience in appropriate scientific area. Professional competency in one or more of the following scientific programming languages: JAVA, C# .NET framework, Perl, Python, Or other scientific programming languages as appropriate to research focus. Professional competency in mathematical modeling and statistical computing required.
Professional competency in one or more of the following scientific programming languages: C#, .NET framework, Java, XML, HTML5, C+, Python or other scientific programming languages as appropriate to research focus.
Experience with .NET framework, C#, and SQL required.
Experience with Java or Android a plus.