Where Creating the Best Hope for a Healthier Future Begins...
Applies experience and technical skills obtained from a concentrated degree program in the biomedical sciences, computer science or engineering in defining requirements and designing and developing highly specialized programs and applications in a research setting. In addition, this position mentors junior level colleagues.
Additional Summary Specific to Job
Primary responsibilities include:
- Provide technical and procedural skills for the development, implementation and evaluation of an empirically driven interface to healthcare information in the context of an operational Electronic Health Record System.
- Translate, Apply, evaluate methods and techniques from electrical engineering, computer science, information technology and other principals of science and engineering to the design and implementation of health information systems that will be used to enhance the quality of care delivered by health practitioners in clinics.
- Translate, apply and evaluate techniques and methodologies from principals of engineering and science to solve novel problems in the domain of health care, public health, biomedical engineering and other health related areas.
- Hold and participate in scientific meetings, workshops, symposiums and represents the research team in scientific meetings with research collaborators.
- Take part in publishing and disseminating information, findings and results for academic and public communities.
- Develop, implement and follow quality assessment, control and evaluation methods and instruments to ensure quality, consistency and integrity of the products produced.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues, bugs, inconsistencies, and performance problems in existing systems and provide reporting and follow-up procedures to track and manage issues.
- Provide training and education, online or off line, on site or remotely for system users or team members and colleagues to ensure understanding and operation of systems.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering with a minimum of three years relevant research experience in appropriate scientific area. Professional competency in one or more of the following scientific programming languages: JAVA, C# .NET framework, Perl, Python, or other scientific programming languages as appropriate to research focus. Professional competency in mathematical modeling and statistical computing required
All applicants need to produce sample code developed in previous programming engagements and participate in hands on test to demonstrate competency at required and claimed areas. Professional competency of JAVA and/or C#.NET framework, Perl, Python and other scientific programming languages.
Located in the prestigious Texas Medical Center, UTHealth is the most comprehensive academic health science institution in the Southwestern...