Currently our Houston office has an opportunity for an entry-level Engineer or Scientist/Geologist to join our Environmental Services (ES) group. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a growth-oriented professional consulting office. Candidate will work with and be mentored by strong, nationally recognized, senior technical staff on compliance and permitting project and potentially other environmental-related projects. The successful candidate will have a positive, can do attitude; will be flexible and self-motivated, creative and well-organized, and quality-oriented with attention to detail. Responsibilities and additional requirements are outlined below.
- Regulatory research, technical writing of permitting documents and project delivery
- Assist with environmental permitting and compliance
- Perform data collection and documentation related to field activities such as site investigation (soil and groundwater), and site inspections
- Assist with the preparation of technical memoranda, reports and design documents
- Environmental compliance services
- B.S. degree in civil/environmental engineering, geology, environmental science, or environmental policy required; M.S. a plus
- 0-3 years experience; 1-3 years experience preferred
- Permitting and compliance experience preferred with knowledge of local, state and federal environmental regulations
- This challenging position requires strong verbal and written communication skills and a highly organized and responsive candidate, capable of working in a diverse team environment and handling multiple tasks with competing priorities.
- Candidate should be a self-starter, results-oriented and be able to work under tight deadlines
- Candidate must have a current driver’s license and good driving record
- Candidate must be willing to travel up to 50% of the time
Brown and Caldwell - 11 months ago
Brown and Caldwell is headed straight to the gutter -- to clean it up. The employee-owned firm provides environmental consulting and...