Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm. Our multidisciplinary team of scientists, engineers, physicians, and regulatory consultants brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve complicated problems facing industry, government entities, associations and individuals. Our approximately 900 staff members work in 25 offices across the United States and abroad. Exponent has over 600 consultants, including more than 350 that have earned a doctorate in their chosen field of specialization.
Exponent’s Center for Chemical Regulation & Food Safety specializes in timely high-quality, creative, and practical solutions to problems that affect our clients' ability to conduct business globally. Our experienced staff includes both technical and regulatory consultants who are experienced in dealing with pesticide and non-pesticide products including conventional chemicals, biochemicals, microbials, antimicrobials, consumer products, products of biotechnology, and with foods, food ingredients, and nutrition.
We are currently recruiting for a Scientist/Senior Scientist position in the Center for Chemical Regulation & Food Safety in our Washington, D.C. office. The candidate in this position will participate as part of a team of regulatory consultants and scientists on various projects relating to regulatory consulting in human health and environmental sciences. This individual will have, or be interested in obtaining, experience with federal and state pesticide registrations and knowledge of FIFRA, FFDCA, FQPA, PRIA, and TSCA and will utilize this experience to provide regulatory support and resolve client issues.
Responsibilities will include:
Qualifications for this position include:
- Researching, summarizing, and tracking information for client regulatory projects
- Working closely with senior staff and clients to prepare EPA regulatory submissions
- Preparing presentations for clients and regulatory authorities
- Monitoring project deadlines and budgets
- Providing technical review of project deliverables
- Supporting senior staff in marketing and client relations
- Bachelors degree in a scientific or public policy field; Masters degree preferred
- Related experience in industry, regulatory, laboratory or consulting field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong computer skills, specifically with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Ability to manage multiple assignments under rigid time constraints
- Ability to participate effectively in large team projects is essential
Our multidisciplinary team of scientists, engineers, physicians, and regulatory consultants brings together more than 90 different...