Pacific Biosciences is seeking a macromolecular modeler for a position at the Scientist/Senior Scientist level. The candidate will work within an interdisciplinary team to analyze an extraordinarily rich set of data from a wide variety of sources including single molecule studies, bulk kinetic characterization, biophysical measurements and crystal structures. Responsibilities will include: (1) using these data to model enzyme variants and their interactions with nucleotide analogs, (2) helping design experiments that test mechanistic hypotheses and (3) helping design variants with desirable sequencing properties.
• Education Requirement: PhD with more than 3 years of experience. Experience within the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industries is a plus.
• Experience with macromolecular modeling is required. Experience in modeling protein: nucleic acid complexes is desired.
• Experience with analyzing information in databases, curating databases is desired.
• Knowledge of protein design/folding principles would be beneficial.
• Ability to work on several projects simultaneously.
• Effective communication (written/verbal) and ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team are critical.
Pacific Biosciences - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
Pacific Biosciences’ mission is to transform the way humankind acquires, processes and interprets data from living systems through the...