As a member of the Vaccines Platform Group (VPG), express, purify and characterize pre-clinical vaccine candidates. Specifically this position will perform/supervise the expression, purification, and /or optimization of candidate vaccine components, and help establish/perform assays to characterize the lead candidates, correlating physical state and purity with biologic activity, in preparation of transfer to Biopharmaceutical Development (BPD) and advancement into the clinic.
Major Duties and Responsibilities (including supervising others):
- Perform expression, characterization, and/or optimization of vaccine candidates.
- Interact and collaborate with areas of Research and BPD directed at expression, immunochemical characterization, formulation (+/- adjuvant), and immunogenicity studies.
- Interface research activities with multiple therapeutic areas
- In collaboration with project teams, identify and rank potential candidates and evaluate potential expression formats and platforms.
- Work regularly in the lab with other scientists in the group.
- May involve initiating external contracts and agreements to facilitate generation and characterization of vaccine candidates.
- Synergize activities with multiple therapeutic areas and other company campuses.
- Supervise research associates
- Excellent, up-to-date protein biochemistry skills relevant to the expression, purification, and characterization of protien antigens from mammalian, yeast, insect, and/or bacterial cells.
- Experience with adjuvant formulation, stability, and vaccine structural requirements helpful
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and develop others as well as lead project teams.
- Demonstrated ability to effective work in teams, both departmental and cross-functional.
- Degree in molecular biology, protein biochemistry, or other related field.
- Relevant experience in industry (preferred) or academia: Ph.D. 0 -7 years; M.S. 8 -- 13 years; B.S. 10 -- 15 years
MedImmune - 22 months ago
MedImmune works to boost the immune systems of babies and grown-ups. Its flagship biotech product, Synagis, prevents respiratory syncytial...