Pacific Biosciences seeks a Scientist with extensive molecular biology and biochemistry experience to join a team developing library preparation methods for third-generation DNA sequencing. This position will be responsible for quantifying DNA-related limitations to generating long readlengths, including various forms of DNA damage and topology. This position will require the development of novel assays to measure these limitations, of methods to enzymatically repair DNA damage, and of other approaches to improve library performance.
• Ph.D. in biochemistry, molecular biology, or a related field
• 1-3 years industrial laboratory experience in molecular biology or biochemistry
• Prior experience with library construction preferred
• Previous experience with development of in vitro enzymatic assays is required
• Knowledge of the chemical mechanisms responsible for DNA damage as well as the biochemistry involved in repairing DNA damage is required
• Attention to detail, careful record-keeping, a high level of organization, and good verbal and written communication skills
• Experience working closely with others as a member of an interdisciplinary team
Pacific Biosciences - 10 months ago
Pacific Biosciences’ mission is to transform the way humankind acquires, processes and interprets data from living systems through the...