Amgen is a biopharmaceutical leader founded on discovering, developing, manufacturing, and delivering innovative human therapeutics.
Amgen’s Small Molecule Process and Product Development group is seeking a Scientist for an analytical chemist position based at their Cambridge, MA site.
As the successful applicant to this largely laboratory-based position, you will be responsible for driving cutting-edge analytical support and technology development to discovery and process and product development teams across Amgen’s small molecule portfolio. You will work cross-functionally and across R&D sites as you use analytical science to help drive efficient development and scalable understanding of processes and products in Amgen’s small molecule pipeline. Amgen offers a highly competitive compensation package and collaborative, science-driven environment to continue to grow your career in cutting-edge science and innovation.
• Doctorate degree - completed or pending completion by 2013
• Master’s degree & 5 years of scientific experience
• Bachelor’s degree & 7 years of scientific experience
• PhD in Analytical Chemistry, Physical or Life Sciences
• Demonstrated active involvement in scientific outreach (e.g. publication record in peer-reviewed journals).
• Strong technical aptitude for the identification, development, and implementation of novel analytical technologies
• Strong understanding, research in, and hands-on experience in small molecule analysis, structure elucidation and solid-state characterization guided and informed by knowledge of organic chemistry. Experience with techniques such as MS, NMR, FTIR, chromatography, pKa analysis, ICP, particle determination, etc.
• Experience with process analytical technologies (PAT) and data analysis (e.g. chemometrics) packages.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret analytical data.
• Familiarity with automation and implementing data management systems; ability to compile and communicate complex datasets in a manner which facilitates informed decision-making.
• Familiarity with process/chemical engineering for the manufacturing of small molecule drug substances and products.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills for the timely documentation, presentation, and discussion of scientific results in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary, team-based environment.
• Strong abilities in trouble-shooting, problem-solving, and multi-tasking.
Amgen - 20 months ago
Amgen is among the biggest of the biotech big'uns, and it's determined to get even bigger. The company uses cellular biology and medicinal...