* Design and safely perform experiments, working independently, propose synthetic routes for new analogs. Participate in new analog design.
* Produces quality results in an efficient and timely manner.
* Collects, analyzes and interprets project data, recognizes aberrant results, and independently proposes explanations including plans for follow-up experiments.
* Maintains clear and accurate records of experimental work in lab notebooks and summarizes data for reports, patents and presentations.
* Act in accordance with all AstraZeneca policies on personnel, SHE, best laboratory practice, and Code of Conduct.
* Ph.D./Postdoc in Chemistry (no industrial experience required).
* Detailed knowledge of synthetic organic chemistry.
* Knowledge and understanding of safe operating practices.
* Proficient in experimental design and laboratory equipment. Keeps own organic synthesis knowledge current, and transfers his/her knowledge to the rest of the staff.
* Able to effectively work in a team and to communicate with colleagues at all levels.
* Readily acquires new skills and techniques. Develops understanding of how his/her own work impacts the project team's objectives and R&D discovery.
* Is reliable, has strong work ethic, and shows respect for colleagues.
* Willingly shares expertise and ideas, demonstrates flexibility and open-mindedness.
* Is candid and honest in discussions.
* Has a 'can do attitude', maintains consistent work level and motivation despite negative results.
* Shows commitment to team goals and timelines, and leads others to work together.
AstraZeneca - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals (which does business as AstraZeneca US) can help with a full alphabet of ailments. The company, a subsidiary of...