We are seeking a talented and driven Scientist to join our dynamic interdisciplinary protein engineering group to design, execute and troubleshoot fluorescence based enzymatic assays. Candidate should have experience with fluorescence assays, molecular biology techniques, and biochemistry. Experience in high-throughput sequencing platforms, familiarity with instrumentation and optics, and data analysis is a plus.
• PHD degree preferably in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Bioengineering, Biophysics with expertise in protein biochemistry, protein biochemistry techniques, fluorescence assays. For M.S. candidates, 3+ years of relevant experience is required.
• Proficient in molecular biology and protein biochemistry (protein purification and familiarity with protein structure and function) laboratory practices.
• Knowledge and experience with enzyme kinetics and protein conjugation chemistry & techniques is a plus.
Familiarity with optics and instrumentation for fluorescence detection a plus
• Broad experience with computer programs for word processing and data analysis.
• Knowledge of Matlab or other data analysis software a plus.
• Demonstrated capability of high quality work and keen attention to detail.
• Abilities to communicate effectively and to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment.
Illumina is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Illumina, Inc. - 19 months ago
Illumina elucidates the human genome. The firm makes tools used by life sciences and drug researchers to isolate and analyze...