We are looking for a Scientist to develop molecular assay applications for the existing and future Illumina sequencers in a dynamic, team-oriented environment.
• Explore new technologies and identify / develop creative solutions to overcome current limitations.
• Design, implement, analyze, present experiments to demonstrate feasibility of new methods.
• Optimize and simplify complex assays to achieve commercial levels of stability and performance.
• Build strong working relationships within a multi-disciplinary environment.
• Other duties as determined by the management team.
Education and Experience
• Ph.D. in molecular biology, genetics, genome sciences, bioengineering, cancer biology or related field.
• Must have 1-3 years of product development OR postdoctoral research experience. Exceptions are rare.
• Must have hands-on experience with next-generation DNA sequencing technologies and data analysis.
• An excellent understanding of genetic assays and molecular biology methods for nucleic acids and/or proteins required.
• Demonstrated excellent problem-solving skills and ability to optimize processes and protocols.
• Skilled in analysis of large and complex data sets. Training in bioinformatics, ability to program OR experience with various NGS analysis pipelines would be highly desirable.
• Interest / experience in instrumentation (e.g. fluidics, optics or automation) would also be a plus, though not required.
• Project management experience preferred
• Must be innovative, detail-oriented and highly motivated
• Must possess a desire to be part of a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills.
• Job duties may require occasional travel (once a quarter).
Equal Opportunity Employer
Illumina, Inc. - 30+ days ago
Illumina elucidates the human genome. The firm makes tools used by life sciences and drug researchers to isolate and analyze genes. Its syst...