HNTB is a multidisciplinary firm known and respected for our work in transportation, bridges, aviation, architecture, urban design and planning, environmental planning, water resources and construction services. We serve our clients with integrity, technical excellence and a commitment to performance – providing quality work, on time, on budget and to the client’s satisfaction.
At HNTB, we’re committed to providing an environment where our people can be successful, and where they can create infrastructure that exceeds the expectations of our clients and the communities they serve. Through exceptional service and a shared vision, we create public infrastructure that unites, enriches and inspires.
HNTB Corporation’s Environmental Planning Practice currently has a need for an entry to mid-Level Environmental Planner in our Atlanta, Georgia office. The candidate will work with a team of planners and scientists under close supervision to help perform environmental studies and compliance activities for a wide range of assignments associated with large, complex transportation, municipal and rail/transit projects. Knowledge of the NEPA process and associated environmental regulations and requirements is preferred. A good grasp of technology and ability to adapt and work quickly in a fast paced environment is highly preferred
- Ability to assist in the preparation of environmental documents; including Categorical Exclusions, Environmental Assessments, Environmental Impact Statements and other technical reports as needed to assess impacts.
- Assisting with general field assessments including but not limited to wetland delineations, endangered species/habitat biological assessments and surveys, plant identification/tree surveys, land use studies, socio-economic studies, and historical/archaeological studies.
- Assisting in managing data collection, entering and analyzing field data, and preparing Section 404 permits under the Clean Water Action. Permits may include Individual, Nationwide, or Programmatic.
- Ability to assist in formulating and conducting technical planning studies in a timely and efficient manner and present results in concise, well-written documents.
- Computer skills with windows based programs such as Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Outlook as well as ArcGIS.
- Analytical, technical report writing and reviewing skills.
- Organizational/time management skills.
- Knowledge of the Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT) Environmental Procedural Manual for conducting and completing quality environmental documents.
- Must be dependable and detail oriented, and able to identify, assess, and solve problems in the field and work place.
- Advanced degrees and certifications a plus.
Bachelor’s degree in an environmental field of study (Environmental Science, Biology, Rangeland Ecology, Anthropology, Geography, History or related field), and preferably 3-5 years of experience related to preparation of environmental documents including NEPA.
The HNTB Companies are an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, physical or mental disability, veteran status or other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law). We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individual with a disability where appropriate.
HNTB knows the ABCs of A/E. The company is a pure design firm, which derives most of its revenues from architecture, engineering, or...